Big messages to deplorables ???

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Minobu

Big messages to deplorables ???

Post by Minobu »

So the first lady decides to surprise everyone and go to Texas to view for herself the children of illegal immigrants to the land of Liberty and Freedom.
The American Way is alive and doing just fine folks...if you are a deplorable....
She wears a jacket to and from texas for all to see...it's a $49.00 piece ...something i find odd for this woman has nothing in her wardrobe that doesn't cost a month wage for the average person..

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....in this case the message is in the eye of the beholder.

Melania's I don't care jacket

she said there was no message..but she wears a jacket with a huge written message to Texas and back from Texas.Jim Carrey says it this way.

from his twitter feed :coffee:
https://twitter.com/JimCarrey

so i ask you, are there hidden messages for the deplorables of America?
I recall all the hoopallah over POTUS giving all these high end jobs in his administration to people with alleged backgrounds in the KKK and white supremacy..It left the world scratching their heads...

I kinda thought it was a message to the deplorables that they have their back ....then ;
the whole nazi march thing

So WTF is really happening here...Is POTUS giving the deplorables a hidden message of he has their back?

i dunno....but i think i do know... :shrug: :thinking:
Rick

Re: Big messages to deplorables ???

Post by Rick »

It's hard to imagine Melania NOT being aware of the message her coat text was delivering.

And it's hard to imagine her NOT intending the message to be seen as giving the finger to the cause she was (allegedly) supporting.

If true, it was an act of astonishing callousness. Shocking even for a populace grown numb to shocks. Projectile vomit worthy. If untrue, I think Lady Melania owes America an explanation — what was she thinking?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
boda

Post by boda »

The message is simple, she doesn't care, and suggests that others shouldn't care.

Some seem to have taken the message to heart.

Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Rick wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:20 pm It's hard to imagine Melania NOT being aware of the message her coat text was delivering.

And it's hard to imagine her NOT intending the message to be seen as giving the finger to the cause she was (allegedly) supporting.

If true, it was an act of astonishing callousness. Shocking even for a populace grown numb to shocks. Vomit worthy. If untrue, I think Lady Melania owes America an explanation — what was she thinking?
it's hard to give her the benefit of ANY!!! doubt ..
I mean she is a fashionista...
the point of my post is... :stirthepot:

are they sending various messages to the so called deplorables... :stirthepot:
white supremasicts , homophobes and the rest of this vast swath of American society. :thanks:

every indication is there...This flies in the face of it..i mean really !!!! she wears it to there...takes it off..does the stint ...and puts it back on...

it screams to their American base of fans of this sort of garbage...How many americans like this sort of thing...we might have at least 100 million americans being told they have their backs...
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

And once again they managed to deflect the issue away from the real problem, to what Melania was wearing.

Hook, line and sinker...
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:42 pm And once again they managed to deflect the issue away from the real problem to what Melania was wearing.

Hook, line and sinker...
At least we know that Melanoma Trumpf is about as reliable as those supermodels who protested against furs and then wore them at the next year's fashion shows; she's probably about as intelligent.

WYSIWYG
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Rick

Post by Rick »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:42 pm And once again they managed to deflect the issue away from the real problem to what Melania was wearing.
Yes! But it's a mini-deflection, a moment of black-comic relief. People who know and care about the real problem will not be derailed by something like this. It's a silver lining of Trumpocracy: It incites its opponents to maintain long-term focus, keep their eye on the ball no matter how crazy the pitcher is ... which is something that doesn't come so easily to many Americans. We're easily distracted!
Last edited by Rick on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Minobu wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 pmare they sending various messages to the so called deplorables... :stirthepot:
I can't say for sure if Melania intended to do this, but Trump does it all the time, anywhere from fairly subtly to moronically over-the-top-fully.
boda

Post by boda »

Hook, line and sinker...
Presumably, from the Trump administrations point of view, the problem is the sympathy generated by their new policy (resulting in children being separated from their parents) and how this sympathy might negatively effect their immigration agenda. Trumps meeting today with 'Angel Families', for instance, could be seen as an effort to shift sympathy away from those effected by the zero tolerance policy and replace it with fear and loathing, which might help their agenda.

Melania's message seems to be perfectly inline with the administrations apparent strategy of attempting to weaken concern or support for those effected by the new zero tolerance policy, and it doesn't divert attention away from the issue.
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

I think it’s just another example of the complete cluelessness of the Trump whitehouse and everyone in it. As if a staffer wouldn’t have said ‘excuse me Mrs Trump, do you think you should tour a refugee centre with a jacket saying ‘I Don’t Care’ on the back?’ Then she might have gone - hey good point, I’ll wear something else. But no. Didn’t even notice until it became an international news story. Just another day in the circus that is the Trump presidency.
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Wayfarer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 am I think it’s just another example of the complete cluelessness of the Trump whitehouse and everyone in it. As if a staffer wouldn’t have said ‘excuse me Mrs Trump, do you think you should tour a refugee centre with a jacket saying ‘I Don’t Care’ on the back?’ Then she might have gone - hey good point, I’ll wear something else. But no. Didn’t even notice until it became an international news story. Just another day in the circus that is the Trump presidency.
You believe that the message was not purposeful? An administration that has no qualms about separating children from their parents obviously does not give a shit, why would it's representatives and leaders?

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

Yes I really do believe that Greg. I think it's cluelessness - that Melania grabbed that jacket without even thinking about what was on it. They're not contriving enough to 'send a message'. When Trump wants to 'send a message' then he'll blurt it out via Twitter, as he does every day, and there will be no doubt about what he means. You know the old saying - that if it's the choice between a conspiracy and a cock-up, it's nearly always the latter. No more so than here.

//ps//Although that said, the fact that you do something like that, without noticing what you're doing, and then not even apologise for it, really does indicate that 'you don't care'. So, something like a Freudian slip, or a showing of the true colours. But I still don't think it was any kind of deliberate coded message.//
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Wayfarer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 amBut I still don't think it was any kind of deliberate coded message.//
Coded??? What was coded about the message on the jacket? It was clearly a meat space twitter.

This is the actual level of functioning of these people. Don't look for codes and hidden meanings, there are none.

When they say they don't give a f*ck they actually mean that they don't. Especially in this particular instance.

Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Wayfarer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 am Yes I really do believe that Greg. I think it's cluelessness - that Melania grabbed that jacket without even thinking about what was on it.
So like she grabs a $49.00 jacket....like from where....knowing the cameras are going roll...cause she does it all...the trip ...the photo op ...the whole deal was for the cameras...and she decides to wear wall mart kids jacket..

what??? you think she was cold or something and it was the only thing around....

DUDE wake up and realize you live in an actual shithole country...To allow this and be the big stick policemen of the world...to allow this !!!!

who are you people ???
Grigoris wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:48 amYou believe that the message was not purposeful? An administration that has no qualms about separating children from their parents obviously does not give a shit, why would it's representatives and leaders?
Grigoris wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:21 am
Wayfarer wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 amBut I still don't think it was any kind of deliberate coded message.//
Coded??? What was coded about the message on the jacket? It was clearly a meat space twitter.

This is the actual level of functioning of these people. Don't look for codes and hidden meanings, there are none.

When they say they don't give a f*ck they actually mean that they don't. Especially in this particular instance.
EXACTAMUNDO!!!!
it's not that it's coded it's blatant ..a message to their deplorables...loud and clear...

Grigoris wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:21 am Especially in this particular instance.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

I mean thats a reach...come on...please for the love that is all malcolm ...tell me you do not buy it..
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Minobu wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:18 pmDUDE wake up and realize you live in an actual shithole country...
He lives in Australia. It is a different sort of post-colonial racist shit hole. :smile:

Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Grigoris wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:32 pm
Minobu wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:18 pmDUDE wake up and realize you live in an actual shithole country...
He lives in Australia. It is a different sort of post-colonial racist shit hole. :smile:
Now that made me laugh out loud...*Howls from the Minobu cave* for real..and i needed one of those...

sorry Wayfarer , did not know that...we are brothers under the same Queen... :alien: :stirthepot:

but seriously ...Trump did not make america great he turned it into a shithole nation...or showed it's shityness to the world...

this from a guy who believed and loved in this guy as a kid...and everything he stood for...
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Maybe thousands of people should all go out and buy one of those jackets and during Trump's next election campaign use it as a media stunt at every opportunity - show it whenever cameras are rolling, put it on posters, social media etc. Every little helps.

As for Lady Melatonin, Trump invented the idea that she had persuaded him about the children and she was simply stating that in truth she is acting under protest and she really doesn't give a flying firkin.

Fascinating to see the mass media at work in all this. Some pics were exposed as fake - kids not actually refugees or not actually ever separated from their mothers.
But the reaction of some of the (proTrump?) media was to focus on that, and not the fact that whatever the previous laws, because Trump is prosecuting everyone he has created concentration camps to hold them all. 1930's Germany meets 2018 USA.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

It was such a disgusting act. This administration does nothing but stir up fear and hatred.

And the real reason he walked back the separations is here:

He can't control them and is scared he will appear weak if that is known. It's just not dictatorial enough for him... just won't do.

But according to him he is still going to build the wall and his moronic base believes him. That is reality, folks.

Kevin...

Return to “Lounge”