Full Moon

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Mantrik

Full Moon

Post by Mantrik » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:45 pm

I have noted an excessive amount of odd behaviour here and also at home. But the UK is also experiencing massively high temperatures - 30 degrees! lol :)

Either this full moon has had a strong effect on those I interact with........or it is me being affected.....or both!

Is this particular full moon especially significant?

Gaidu Puja I know.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Simon E.

Re: Full Moon

Post by Simon E. » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:52 pm

At the moment the Moon is rising spectacularly over the Thames. Jupiter is also highly visible as I look out of the french windows, which are wide open to catch the night breezes.
Back to fishin' folks... :namaste:

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:59 pm

For all your astrological needs ... https://www.drikpanchang.com/?geoname-id=2643743

:coffee:
Kim

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Simon E. wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:52 pm
At the moment the Moon is rising spectacularly over the Thames. Jupiter is also highly visible as I look out of the french windows, which are wide open to catch the night breezes.
That must be beautiful Simon.

Kevin...

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:45 pm
I have noted an excessive amount of odd behaviour here and also at home. But the UK is also experiencing massively high temperatures - 30 degrees! lol :)

Either this full moon has had a strong effect on those I interact with........or it is me being affected.....or both!

Gaidu Puja I know.
There's something going on!

Kevin...

Tenma

Post by Tenma » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:06 am

Mantrik wrote:

Gaidu Puja I know.
Homage to Chandraprabha, the Bodhisattva of Lunar Radiance!

深低帝屠蘇吒
阿若蜜帝烏都吒
深耆吒
波賴帝吒
耶彌若吒烏都吒
拘羅帝吒耆摩吒
娑婆訶

Shēn dī dì tú sū zhà
Ā ruò mì dì wū dū zhà
Shēn qí zhà
Bō lài dì zhà
Yē mí ruò zhà wū dū zhà
Jū luó dì zhà qí mó zhà
Suō pó hē

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 am

Virgo wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:17 pm
Simon E. wrote:

Kevin...
If you consider a bright light over an open sewer beautiful! :tongue:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:25 am

Mantrik wrote:

Gaidu Puja I know.
There have been unbelievable storms here. Lightening and thunder all night with torrents of rain. I have been here 22 years and it has never rained in June. NEVER.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:46 am

Grigoris wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 am
Virgo wrote:
Simon E. wrote:

Kevin...
:rolling: Greg.

Kevin...

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:32 am

Grigoris wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:25 am
Mantrik wrote:

Gaidu Puja I know.
There have been unbelievable storms here. Lightening and thunder all night with torrents of rain. I have been here 22 years and it has never rained in June. NEVER.
I saw those on the forecast and wondered about the refugees!

Here we are having the driest June for many years, possible the driest ever. Last year the insect population was so low it was a major concern and now we are having Biblical plagues of horseflies and wildfires.

I think the combination of the moon, the heat and the flies is too much for Brits to cope with. Funny to see the wannabee hippies we always get driving around here thus time of year........road rage and peace signs - Stonehenge is over and with no Gallstonebury Festival they roam the roads like lost, tantrum-filled toddlers ... and they can't even have a spliff while driving any more. Ah yes, the full moon seems to be doing something awesome, cosmic man.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:51 am

Grigoris wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 am
Virgo wrote:
Simon E. wrote:

Kevin...
The Thames has been clean for decades following a vigorous campaign by an agency called Thames Conservancy which was created for that purpose. Seals now reach almost as far as London. And the most clear sign of all of a clean river, Otters are breeding along its length.
Our day time view of a mile or two of river, includes three species of goose, several species of ducks, coots, moorhens, swans, the once uncommon great crested grebes, various gulls, cormorants, and as a great treat every so often the blue flash of a kingfisher.
In addition to the avian life there are dragon boats filled the local scout group, kids having kayak lessons, yachts, and river launches.
At the end of our road there is a little bridge which leads to water meadows filled with wild flowers, and banks lined with weeping willows and cricket bat willows.
On the other side of the river is an ancient meadow which is a conservation area because of its flora and fauna. You reach it by crossing a bridge first constructed in 1720 to replace a wooden medieval bridge.
If it sounds idyllic, its because it is. Its a huge pleasure and priviledge to live here..last nights moon rose over the river creating a silver path under a velvet sky.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:55 am

Simon E. wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:51 am
If it sounds idyllic, its because it is. Its a huge pleasure and priviledge to live here
Well, you guys should leave the EU and deprive us southern types of all this idyllic privilege then, shouldn't you? But don't come crawling down here looking for sun-soaked beach-loving island life though! :smile:

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 am

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:07 am

Grigoris wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:55 am
Simon E. wrote:
If it sounds idyllic, its because it is. Its a huge pleasure and priviledge to live here
Well, you guys should leave the EU and deprive us southern types of all this idyllic privilege then, shouldn't you? But don't come crawling down here looking for sun-soaked beach-loving island life though! :smile:
I guarantee that your beach will remain Simon free. Sun-soaked beaches are my idea of hell.
Funny isn't it..how different we all are in samsara.
One of our neighbours leaves every year for their house in Greece in April and returns in October and I wave them off baffled that anyone would want to miss England in May or September..but he brings back lots of olive oil from their own trees ..which is lovely. He is very generous with it.

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:16 am

Grigoris wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:55 am
Simon E. wrote:
Our rivers are improving for sure. Time was anyone who fell into the River Avon would need their stomach pumping. These days the only pollution comes from the bodies of students and other ferals who swim in it.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:21 am

The last time I walked by the Avon (on the path created on the site of the old railway near Saltford) it was Maytime and the scent of the May blossom filled the air and the meadows were golden with buttercups.

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:55 am

Simon E. wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:21 am
The last time I walked by the Avon (on the path created on the site of the old railway near Saltford) it was Maytime and the scent of the May blossom filled the air and the meadows were golden with buttercups.
I know it. :)
As a kid I used to go rowing around there and the stretch towards Weston in Bath.
We now enjoy the stretch towards Bradford on Avon.
Lived by the coast for years, but rocks, cliffs and storms do it for me, not beach.

My favourite sight of the moon is over the Thar desert in Rajasthan, which ironically, is a very very big beach.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am

I think I have mentioned before that my ol' mum was a Wiltshire gal. She was born and raised in a cottage by the Kennet and Avon canal in Trowbridge.

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:04 pm

Simon E. wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:49 am
I think I have mentioned before that my ol' mum was a Wiltshire gal. She was born and raised in a cottage by the Kennet and Avon canal in Trowbridge.
Yes. :)
I lived in Hilperton for a while, just a hundred yards from the canal, then Bathampton with the old canal pub The George.......then all over the country and finally back to within half a mile of the K&A once again. :)

I loved living Wales and in the wilds in Yorkshire and Devon but here's 'home'.

Ayu
Former staff member

Post by Ayu » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Grigoris wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:25 am
Mantrik wrote:

Gaidu Puja I know.
Now it makes sense. Our German rain is lost in Greece.
In Germany it is dry since April.

I hope, this full moon is strong. I've got a new plan and project. Energy and full moon inspiration are needed here.

But actually I couldn't detect any extra crazyness here. People are crazy as usual.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Return to “Lounge”