Elephant Emotions

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
haha

Elephant Emotions

Post by haha »

This video is quite interesting. I can relate it with Sakyamuni's life story.

A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Re: Elephant Emotions

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

:heart:

This would make a great commercial for world peace....
Rick

Post by Rick »

Nice haha! I mean theory is one thing, but to stand calmly in front of a frickin' charging elephant?!

Kunga, sometimes I wonder what would happen in politics if an impassioned anti-Party-X'er were to treat a Party X member with *sincere* kindness, understanding, even love?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Rick wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 pm I wonder what would happen in politics if an impassioned anti-Party-X'er were to treat a Party X member with *sincere* kindness, understanding, even love?

Why isn't there a political party with those ideals at it's core ?
The bad guys would eat them up.. :crying:
Rick

Post by Rick »

Yes, I fear you are right. I didn't want to say it, because it sounds so pessimistic. There are certain types of people who value what they call "strength" above pretty much everything else. And for them, kindness/compassion probably looks like weakness, which is for them a chink in the armor to be taken advantage of for their own power gains.

Well, if we are at the beginning of a kind of Dark Ages in America (and perhaps elsewhere) ... then there is an urgent need for certain people to keep the flames of freedom, peace, and sanity burning. Bonfires, torches, even the tiniest of candles ... whatever it takes to preserve the values that will be called upon again once the current ugliness and division and violence has played itself out. Which it eventually will.

So the way I figure it, we have a job to do, might as well get to it.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Rick wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:41 pm we have a job to do, might as well get to it.
what does it mean when your love light keeps getting dimmer ?
maybe my job here is almost done.
my kids will continue.....

Return to “Lounge”