Japan executes seven cult leaders behind Tokyo Sarin attacks

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

Japan executes seven cult leaders behind Tokyo Sarin attacks

Post by Grigoris »

"Seven members of the Aum Shinrikyo doomsday cult which carried out a deadly chemical attack on the Tokyo underground in 1995 have been executed, including cult leader Shoko Asahara."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43395483

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Japan executes seven cult leaders behind Tokyo Sarin attacks

Post by Queequeg »

That is a tasteless video.

We ban mention of groups for far less than what Aum did.

They were straight up murderers.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

What a complete tool.

The Last Podcast on the Left episodes about Aum Shinrikiyo are absolutely hilarious and truly get across what a pathetic idiot Shoko was. It was very fortunate that all of the cult's brains were utterly shredded from insane amounts LSD, or the sarin attacks could have been an order of magnitude worse than 9/11. Let alone the nuclear weapons they were trying to get access to, and all the sheep they murdered in Australia.

They also certainly killed maybe 50 people in addition to the Sarin attacks, the police just couldn't find any bodies.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Grigoris wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:05 am "Seven members of the Aum Shinrikyo doomsday cult which carried out a deadly chemical attack on the Tokyo underground in 1995 have been executed, including cult leader Shoko Asahara."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43395483

Let us pray for their liberation and also for their victims as
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Tenma wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:35 pmLet us pray for their liberation and also for their victims as
Well said Tenma! I do believe you are starting to learn.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Lounge”