Quote of my day

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
cyril

Re: Quote of my day

Post by cyril » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 pm

The future ain’t what it used to be.
- Yogi Berra -
"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -

weitsicht

Post by weitsicht » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:43 am

Wir können sogar protestieren, ohne enthauptet zu werden
- nur nützt unser Protest eben nichts,
im Gegenteil, unser Protest attestiert den Machthabern bekanntlich, dass sie tolerant sind.
Max Frisch

ENG: We even can protest without being decapitated -only that our protest doesn't help, contrary even, as is generally known our protest attests the potentates that they're tolerant.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 pm

weitsicht wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:43 am
I found a quote in German, cannot get hands at an english translation

by Jiddu Krishnamurti
Zeit ist der Beobachter, der den Abstand zwischen sich und den Bäumen, zwischen sich und dem was ist, herstellt.
Time is the Observer that creates the distance between yourself and the trees and between yourself and what is. or
Time is the Witness that creates the distance between yourself and the trees and between yourself and what is.

Jiddhu Krishnamurti used both observer and witness (lowercase).

AH! This quote is found here.

Time is the observer who makes the distance between himself and the trees, between himself and what is.
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Lounge”