Quitting smoking

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
shanyin

Re: Quitting smoking

Post by shanyin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:00 am

I wouldn't mind smoking weed instead of ciggarettes. Weed makes me feel good, ciggarettes make me feel bad. I don't like the high of ciggarettes.

Why should I care to accomplish something in with my life? I don't want kids, I don't respect other people because I never get any respect, everytime I try to change my life I end up realizing that there's nothing I can do about it. For example if I wanted to move to another country because I don't want to live in a country that would put me in solitary confinement in a mental insitution, I can't because I can't get a visa.

If I try to get a job, I can't because I didn't have enough money for an education. And I got bad grades all my life and would probably fail big time if I went to school.

I could try maybe doing volunteer work in another country, but how? Wouldn't I need money to support myself? The only thing I can think of to help me is anti depressants, but that's a temporary fix and I'd rather not because of the damage it could do to my body.

Maybe I should just be doing volunteer work or something.

DharmaN00b

Re: Quitting smoking

Post by DharmaN00b » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:40 am

It looks to me like you're already in a tough spot and weed would make life harder. Avoid stress and enjoy having a good memory! :toilet:

I think your idea about community involvement is good. This will give your life structure and meaning. You will cover the 3 p's with this: Purpose, Passion and Pleasure. :twothumbsup:

You will also earn your much sought after respect this way. It is not given purely on the basis of existence. Default respect for life seems more idealistic. :pig:

Return to “Lounge”