10 Most Dangerous Roads In India

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
kalden yungdrung

10 Most Dangerous Roads In India

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

Some of us will travel to India or already have been there.

The mountain roads are not always safe for driving. Also other roads are not so safe in India, due to the driving style of some people there.
It was always for me exiting and frustrating to drive on Indian roads.

The best meditation is no meditation
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Re: 10 Most Dangerous Roads In India

Post by Wayfarer »

They're not only in the Himalaya:

'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Wayfarer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:14 pm They're not only in the Himalaya:

Agree they are worldwide.

In the Himalaya are mountain roads, that is different to non mountain roads.
In the city one can turn and make easy avoidance but in the mountain one goes down the hill with the car.

Also one has to look in the Himalayas far away who is coming and not always one can pass another vehicle.

For instance the bus driver is the hero of the day if he takes you safe through the Himalaya.
That i cannot say of an Indian bus driver from Delhi.

But in general agree, Indian Roads are very dangerous , especially at night, there are outside the cities mostly no lampposts and a farmers cart, pulled by oxen can be a dangerous object, its hardly to see in the dark.
The best meditation is no meditation
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Some of that footage made my heart race. Woo.

I sometimes rode on the tops of buses in India/Nepal. Going down the road, sometimes you saw a bus flipped over and burned out at the bottom of the escarpment on the side of the road. Like whistling past a grave yard.

Scariest bus ride I had was in China going up to Wutaishan in the snow at night. Earlier in the day we had to abandon one route up a mountain pass that looked a lot like some of those in the video because some trucks had crashed. By the time we reached the other pass it was dark. There were no guard rails and the driver took the blind turns a little too fast form my comfort.

All the while Om Mani Padme Hum was singing on the stereo. Maybe Kwanyin was watching over us.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Lounge”