Idea: Friendship Buddhism Group!

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
well wisher

Idea: Friendship Buddhism Group!

Post by well wisher »

Hello Friends:
I have a crazy delusional thought game right now.
I want to start a cult called Friendship Buddhism!!
The goal is to conquer the entire human world with goodness loving kindness and happiness and total equanimity and harmony, in adherence the 5 precepts at the basic level (to ensure no falling to harmful paths and avoid harmful actions), while making sure all sentient beings keep their own individuality (eg. not converge into one god ).
So the human can still enjoy their earthly pleasure, but they will also be convinced to follow the eightfold noble path as their own pace,

The method is to conquer the entire earth first , using HUMAN LOGIC ONLY at first to convince high council representatives of each sect of buddhism first, to drop their ego and treat all others in the same "high council" with friendship and total equanimity (i.e. see each others as Buddahs). So no abosolute leaders, all friends who call themselves the "Friendship Buddah group" and the work together with only the above simple goal.
So its super important for all those in this group to drop all egos for the goal first.

Methodolgy:
Firs step we will need to convince high monks / representative for each school Representative from all type of possible Buddhism on earth to join in. Like Zen Buddhism high monks, Thervandan well-reknown high monks, and the Trantic well-respected monks too (including the Dalai Lama himself).
Then the next goal is to convert all non-buddhist relgious leaders to join in as well, including the catholic pope himself, Islam religious leaders.... etc., like ALL possible religion leaders on earth - at this later stage we might need to drop the Buddhism level at least temporarily.
Then move all to every single countries politician leaders, then every cities' mayors .... etc.
This groups needs to include one member of each possible representatives of each possible human group (including both ) to ensure maximum inclusivity and maximum

So for this plan to succeed, at least temporarily until the goal is achieved (to convert the entire earth):
-all members must treat each other as equals, so no defaming / berating / comparing/ competition between each other.
-Worship only 2 things: HUMAN LOGIC, and the belief that GOODNESS (eg. 5 precept non-harmfulness) WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL)
Super important to the 5 precepts as a measuring stick for goodness, but of course its degree is kind of flexible..... like human nature, flexible and changing

Then we can move onto supernatural realms like animals, heaven angels, demons, .... etc., all possible sentient beings.
Because we are just damn too greedy for the goodness to prevail! (goodness loving kindness and happiness and total equanmity and harmony).

After the goal is achieved, then any members are free to leave whenever they want, and free to engage in friendly sports rivary (like the olympics) as long as the promise to hold the 5 precepts as much as possible.
I hope at least this ensure the ex-members when think of the good times when we called each other as true equal friends, hoping to prevent future world wars and negative conflicts.

So my friends, any thoughts about this cult? Do you think it is possible to achieve in reality?
Any suggestions or improvements are welcome!
I know my greed for Buddhism is crazy and out of control right now, but somehow.... I just wish this can be reality. Imagine, the entire earth moving towards one goal together, the entire group then called be called a super buddah!

Sincerely,
A crazy delusional Buddah wanna-be
Vasana

Re: Idea: Friendship Buddhism Group!

Post by Vasana »

You should look in to something called 'secular ethics'. There are quotes and excerpts and probably videos about this online from the Dalai Lama. It's a million times more realistic than what you are proposing and it's still incredibly difficult to make people aware of it's existence, let alone making people think it's a good idea. But it's good to dream, right! I once thought it was feasible to get everyone to recognize a sense of ethics routed in biology and ecology in terms of the basic principles of health/equilibrium/homeostasis that we find in nature . But then I learnt enough about cultural evolution, cognition, belief and world-view formation to see that it's just not a realistic goal.

It's good that you're excited and enthusiastic but remember to direct at least some of that energy towards a more systematic study of the Dharma :mrgreen:
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
well wisher

Post by well wisher »

Yes I aploogize, I must work on elminating my delusions and fetters properly and walk on the proper path.
Please forget all that I have said in my previous post.
I must repent now for making light of the noble buddah path.
Thanks for the lessons.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

well wisher wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:56 pm Yes I aploogize, I must work on elminating my delusions and fetters properly and walk on the proper path.
Please forget all that I have said in my previous post.
I must repent now for making light of the noble buddah path.
Thanks for the lessons.
Unsure if you're being sarcastic or not. Either way, life is short, samsara difficult and we all waste a lot our time fantasizing in one way or another.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
well wisher

Post by well wisher »

thanks very much for the replies. No sacaasm or scare intended, I apologize.

Agreed, human life is short, best to make it the most we can out of it.
For me , I think towards a beneficial non-harmful lifestyle as much as possible, is the best.

Just wanted to get some thoughts our of my head, like how to address my own fear of world wars or being miliatry drafted (one of the worst possible scenarios imagined for my life).

Thank you Friends~

Return to “Lounge”