The PETM

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Virgo

The PETM

Post by Virgo »

This video is so informative it should be viral. Please share on social media.

Kevin...
Virgo

Re: The PETM

Post by Virgo »

Any thoughts?

Kevin..
Bristollad

Post by Bristollad »

Won’t convince the US President or his supporters : c’mon, it’s got a graph in with a scary jagged slope so it must be fake, right? They say they don’t know what started it, they don’t know what ended it and the only evidence it happened at all are fossils and soil cores, and we all know scientists just fake those to get rich don’t we.
The antidote—to be free from the suffering of samsara—you need to be free from delusion and karma; you need to be free from ignorance, the root of samsara. So you need to meditate on emptiness. That is what you need. Lama Zopa Rinpoche
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Bristollad wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:37 pm Won’t convince the US President or his supporters : c’mon, it’s got a graph in with a scary jagged slope so it must be fake, right? They say they don’t know what started it, they don’t know what ended it and the only evidence it happened at all are fossils and soil cores, and we all know scientists just fake those to get rich don’t we.
Thanks for this Bristollad. I feel your frustration, as I am sure many of us do.

I've got an idea. Next time you meet someone who denies the existence of man-made climate change just ask them if they think that if during the paleocene-eocone thermal maximum carbon had been released at 5X the rate that it was at it's peak, as it is being released now, if the arctic would have become a tropic sooner than it did at that time in their opinion? :)

People need more than a vague idea of heating and cooling cycles of the earth, and they need to understand that no scientists are getting rich off of this. In fact, it is the other way around-- the fossil fuel companies are getting filthy rich.

Kevin...

Return to “Lounge”