Thanks guys and apologies!

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
LastLegend

Thanks guys and apologies!

Post by LastLegend » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Apologize for treading in people’s paths. Please forgive me. I will take my leave or post very little. Good luck!
Within that state of clarity, there is a knowing that remains unchanged stationary can be seen when looking at an object.

Miroku
Former staff member

Re: Thanks guys and apologies!

Post by Miroku » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:47 pm

LastLegend wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 pm
Apologize for treading in people’s paths. Please forgive me. I will take my leave or post very little. Good luck!
Aw, don't leave. I enjoy your posts. :hug:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Miroku wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:47 pm
LastLegend wrote:
That's sweet

Lastlegend In understanding offence we eliminate ignorance an in some part pay back to the buddhas and in paying this debt they reveal the subtle aspects of self that are so evasive.

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:58 pm

I don’t have the courage to be tested by wrathful Bodhisattvas right now. I have offended Vairocana’s lineages.
Within that state of clarity, there is a knowing that remains unchanged stationary can be seen when looking at an object.

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Miroku wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:47 pm
LastLegend wrote:
Thank you.

明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:23 pm

I like reading your posts too :)
With a heart wandering in ignorance down this path and that, to guide me I simply say Namu-Amida-Butsu. -- Ippen

The Fundamental Vow [of Amitabha Buddha] is just for such people as woodcutters and grassgatherers, vegetable pickers, drawers of water and the like, illiterate folk who merely recite the Buddha's name wholeheartedly, confident that as a result of saying "Namu Amida Butsu" they will be born into the western land. -- Master Hōnen

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:14 pm

It's best not to worry too much about what other people think. You are engaging here in good faith, and no agenda.. that's enough.
His welcoming
& rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
Knowing the dustless, sorrowless state,
he discerns rightly,
has gone, beyond becoming,
to the Further Shore.

-Lokavipatti Sutta

well wisher

Post by well wisher » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:29 pm

I concur with the above sentiments: that any online postings are fine, as long as engaged in good faith. Any mistakes that might occur are part of the valuable learning opportunities. And sometimes further debates can bring about clarity & deeper understandings of the issues.

And I do not get the "wrathful Bodhisattvas" part pertaining to online postings. Can someone please clarify?
I believe truly benevolent Bodhisattvas would not be overly picky on online postings, nor become wrathful on just some minor faults in speech. I believe truly compassionate Bodhisattva are much more forgiving & instructive than that!
What does the old saying goes: "To err is human, to forgive - divine!"

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:27 am

Certain paths have a lot of tests whether from life, other practitioners, family, or great Mara bodhisattvas. I have no balls or courage for that. If people are offended, I am out lol.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 am

well wisher wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:29 pm
I concur with the above sentiments: that any online postings are fine, as long as engaged in good faith. Any mistakes that might occur are part of the valuable learning opportunities. And sometimes further debates can bring about clarity & deeper understandings of the issues.

And I do not get the "wrathful Bodhisattvas" part pertaining to online postings. Can someone please clarify?
I believe truly benevolent Bodhisattvas would not be overly picky on online postings, nor become wrathful on just some minor faults in speech. I believe truly compassionate Bodhisattva are much more forgiving & instructive than that!
What does the old saying goes: "To err is human, to forgive - divine!"
Oh per-lease.
There are no Bodhisattvas of any kind currently posting on DW :lol:
And only one teacher and he posts very infrequently.
The last full blown Vajrayana teacher left some time ago and now only operates on Facebook as far as the Internet goes.
The rest of us are just stumbling around giving our opinions. At best we can point people to the real teachers..which is a genuine service.
“Why don’t you close down your PC for a while and find out who needs your help?”

HH Tai Situ.

seeker242

Post by seeker242 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am

LastLegend wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:58 pm
I don’t have the courage to be tested by wrathful Bodhisattvas right now. I have offended Vairocana’s lineages.
If it wasn't intentional then it's not bad. Karma is intention! :rolling:
One should not kill any living being, nor cause it to be killed, nor should one incite any other to kill. Do never injure any being, whether strong or weak, in this entire universe!

well wisher

Post by well wisher » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:24 pm

LastLegend wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:27 am
Certain paths have a lot of tests whether from life, other practitioners, family, or great Mara bodhisattvas. I have no balls or courage for that. If people are offended, I am out lol.
Simon E. wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 am
Oh per-lease.
The last full blown Vajrayana teacher left some time ago and now only operates on Facebook as far as the Internet goes.
The rest of us are just stumbling around giving our opinions. At best we can point people to the real teachers..which is a genuine service.
Oh ok, I think I see what you guys did here .... ;)
#metoo #snowflakes #safe-space #fragile-generation -> amIdoingthisrite? :tongue: :rolling:
https://reason.com/2017/10/26/the-fragile-generation/
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -spectator

Anyways, aside from making fun of the "overly-sensitive & easily-offended" cultural & social phenomenon we are seeing in developed nations lately. I would think there a still a lot of wise & practical postings here at DW. I believe comparatively wise, DW posters tend to be more rational or sympathetic, and may at least try to use logic or examples to support their opinions or view. Also in DW's terms of service not to cuss excessively, along with moderators doing their fine jobs here, so I guess that helps keep things clean a bit here :twothumbsup:

Compared with some of the more irrational or rage-filled postings that we might see on other broader online platforms, like twitter or facebook. DW is as tame as it can be! (for better or worse...) ;)

DharmaN00b

Post by DharmaN00b » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:23 pm

seeker242 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am
LastLegend wrote:
A lot of people tend to dish out unsolicited information. I imagine it goes like this: "What I think is important; other people think what I think is important. Here is what I think!"

One problem is lack of a filter between public and private, which can't be helped anymore than a runny nose. Another would be lack of perspective (Going from point A to Z, with no clarity of in-between). I mean no-one would start life with the intention to fail, and it's never usually 'how come?' but who is to blame.

Of course it's easy to boil everything down to sentience or action or any common denominator, plus you won't get a headache. :soapbox: (slipperyslopebox)
If you are drunk here is the submit post button. Submit post

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:57 pm

well wisher wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:24 pm
LastLegend wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:27 am
Simon E. wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:17 am
Oh per-lease.
Oh ok, I think I see what you guys did here .... ;)
#metoo #snowflakes #safe-space #fragile-generation -> amIdoingthisrite? :tongue: :rolling:
https://reason.com/2017/10/26/the-fragile-generation/
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -spectator

Anyways, aside from making fun of the "overly-sensitive & easily-offended" cultural & social phenomenon we are seeing in developed nations lately. I would think there a still a lot of wise & practical postings here at DW. I believe comparatively wise, DW posters tend to be more rational or sympathetic, and may at least try to use logic or examples to support their opinions or view. Also in DW's terms of service not to cuss excessively, along with moderators doing their fine jobs here, so I guess that helps keep things clean a bit here :twothumbsup:

Compared with some of the more irrational or rage-filled postings that we might see on other broader online platforms, like twitter or facebook. DW is as tame as it can be! (for better or worse...) ;)
All that... :thumbsup:
“Why don’t you close down your PC for a while and find out who needs your help?”

HH Tai Situ.

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:21 pm

DharmaN00b wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:23 pm
seeker242 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am
LastLegend wrote:
A lot of people tend to dish out unsolicited information. I imagine it goes like this: "What I think is important; other people think what I think is important. Here is what I think!"

One problem is lack of a filter between public and private, which can't be helped anymore than a runny nose. Another would be lack of perspective (Going from point A to Z, with no clarity of in-between). I mean no-one would start life with the intention to fail, and it's never usually 'how come?' but who is to blame.

Of course it's easy to boil everything down to sentience or action or any common denominator, plus you won't get a headache. :soapbox: (slipperyslopebox)

IDK for me this all falls apart when you consider the intellectually, education and professional acumen and the adult experience that requires conversation without irrational emotional attachments to one's own point of view. It is unacceptable in most of the personal, educational and professional lives we live.

What I can't fathom is how it is acceptable to express opinions that deny the fabric of reality that is the ecosystem of buddhism by denying anything extraneous to their own realized path.

A great example would be the position regarding realization of buddhist deities. Not real, real, not necessary, necessary.

To any outsider without a way to proof people's claims through personal experience the overwhelming consensus would be that both realization and lack of realization of these deities are parts of how this phenomenon is experienced across the spectrum of people who claim to practice buddhism. I say claim because an outside observer with no personal experience can't really determine sincerity of practice either not as a disparity to those who frequent the boards.

Expecting a homogeneous path to dharma implies we all have the same capacity, karma and conditions. Seems as rational as expecting permanency and since the proofs required in understanding it not beyond everyday observations I have a hard time understanding why it is not more recognizable.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Well Lastlegend made his apology and got some responses, feels like this done to me. Gonna go ahead and lock the thread.
His welcoming
& rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
Knowing the dustless, sorrowless state,
he discerns rightly,
has gone, beyond becoming,
to the Further Shore.

-Lokavipatti Sutta

Return to “Lounge”