Behold!

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
LastLegend

Behold!

Post by LastLegend » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Beholding a thought of compassion is not easy. Someone mentioned mind stream, so if I pick someone’s strong reaction and then I react with my own shit, I am in trouble. This karma thing is heavy. I was told to practice transforming whatever comes to mind to bliss, clarity, space, compassion, or whatever :lol: .
Within that state of clarity, there is a knowing that is not relying on anything.

LastLegend

Re: Behold!

Post by LastLegend » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:55 pm

I don’t know. Behold whatever-clarity outer inner whatever, light, illumination, space, bliss, or compassion to keep our shit together.
Within that state of clarity, there is a knowing that is not relying on anything.

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:28 pm

LastLegend wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm
Beholding a thought of compassion is not easy. Someone mentioned mind stream, so if I pick someone’s strong reaction and then I react with my own shit, I am in trouble. This karma thing is heavy. I was told to practice transforming whatever comes to mind to bliss, clarity, space, compassion, or whatever :lol: .
Empathy which is facilitated by mirror neurons is what you are experiencing. Some people have more mirror neurons than others. Some have so many it is categorized as a dangerous illness. Some have so little it is categorized as a dangerous illness.

Imagine the empathy one would have to posses to leave the comforts of capacity, karma and conditions that Lord Siddhārtha Gautama left because he took on other people's suffering as his own.

One of the proofs of practice manifesting buddha nature is the ability to use empathy as a means to understand others without adopting their pain as one's one but rather it simply acts as a catalyst for joy when one realizes that another's suffering is an opportunity to share cessation.

I know that pain, I know the medicine, it helped me, how fortunate a thing to know!

When the capacity to know a person's pain and reflect back that knowledge from a place of compassion that exudes "I know your pain and have found freedom in it" empathy is not longer triggering self. Sharing the essence that is this and those who experience it might come to know it through the compassionate living example of liberation.

For those whose empathy triggers rise to self to achieve this requires a level of cessation of self. IMHO/E empathy is far harder to develop than it is to understand and untangle from triggering self so do not begrudge empathy it is a gift when understood outside of self.

Mirror neuron system

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900004/
Mirror neuron system is a group of specialized neurons that “mirrors” the actions and behaviour of others. The involvement of mirror neuron system (MNS) is implicated in neurocognitive functions (social cognition, language, empathy, theory of mind) and neuropsychiatric disorders. MNS discovery is considered to be the most important landmark in neuroscience research during the last decade.

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:43 pm

We are interconnected in mind stream, but we don’t who or what mine or yours, so that’s the confusion. But I’ve come to understand compassion can be a subtle feeling within clarity! Why not?!

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:58 pm

The ability to discriminate streams is not equal or impossible to prove or understand through discrimination of cause and effect. There are many ways to understand the unseen and unknown through deductive and reductive reasoning.

I don't fish anymore because I don't want to disturb the harmony of their life through my own desire to know them but for decades an avid fisherman. Before I stopped fishing I was one of the most successful among my contemporaries, however when I started I was one of the most ignorant.

The biggest epiphany came after YEARS of fishing side by side with a mentor who consistently blew me out of the water every time we went out fishing side by side. The epiphany came one night in rough dirty waters in which it was impossible to penetrate with sight to spot activity when I asked how are you determining where the fish are.

I forget the exact dialog but the bottom line was he was using strategies that gave him that information without using sight. I realized I was so married to my vision that all these years I tried to interpret his mind as if his words where to be applied in direct visual application outside of it since it can't be applied in determining factors that can't be directly observed.

That discrimination taught me how to train the mind to observe unseen phenomenon through causation not direct visual observation. To break my mind from the instinctual process, it happened organically after years of fishing unsuccessfully, knowing my lack of success did not exist in others.

I can't state how how much time I put in trying to figure that one out, I spent many years casting and looking at water.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Great compassion is relative sasmaric reality beheld from the side of enlightenment.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Compassion is relative, true! because Avalokiteśvara responds when we call him/her in distress or suffering and we feel relief from it. Realized gurus or teachers can provide such relief as well. Dharma in great Bodhisattvas (Manjushri, Avalokitesvara, Samantabhar (sp?)) arise because of us, in relation to our suffering. We practice their Dharma lol and not capable of arising myriad Dharma for other sentient beings yet.

Practicing transforming is transforming our karma and others’ and our surroundings work place family friends.

LastLegend

Post by LastLegend » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Some say karma is action is intention well crap! Anything arises in mind is action is intention for the most part except habitual delusion lol! And generally negative crap! From my personal experience!

tkp67

Post by tkp67 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 am

LastLegend wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 pm
Some say karma is action is intention well crap! Anything arises in mind is action is intention for the most part except habitual delusion lol! And generally negative crap! From my personal experience!
I find negative internal thoughts can prime my mind to project negatively, say during my next human interaction. I put effort into keeping my thoughts from doing this.

Return to “Lounge”