Greta Thunberg

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm

"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Tashi delek,

Science can know the side effects about what they invent / produce.
Mostly science work via the university and their students for big multi nationals etc.

But the side effects spoil the profit of the share holders.
Inside these shareholders are those who own more than 50 % of these shares and these shareholders do not like it , the publishing from side effects.

That counts for sure, for the full 100% in the pharmaceutical branch.

Then the influence of Shell Holland and Shell England is so big that they even can forbid the alternative / remedies on their inventions.
So was the hydrogen car already some time ago known and invented.
Cars on electricity were also known some time ago

The principle was always that the majority must consume that what only a few persons could produce / invent.
The guarantee to become rich for only a few persons / share holders etc.

Shell Holland produced plastics out of oil......... and also here no bad words and consequences about that very evil invention.

Yes science / share holders etc., keep it all very secret and keep the majority ignorant about the side effects, on that is their power /earnings based.

After decades of bad inventions with secret kept side effects, the world is nearly finished.

Have the good feeling that there are remedies via the intervention and field work of Greta Bodhisattva & Friends.
The best meditation is no meditation

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Tashi delek,

Greta is here walking in a simulated polluted city, in the form of domes.
Some very polluted cities we know are: Being, London, Sao Paulo

Its really unbelievable that humans can live in such bad air / polluted cities.
The result of living there would be illness.
Am glad to live nearby the woods, creeks and hills, when i see this heavy simulation based on reality, but understand that not everybody has such quality of life.

We must really do something to improve the quality of air and soil.

madhusudan

Post by madhusudan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:42 pm

Climate hysteria would dissipate on its own, as the doomsday deadlines pass and things continue on as usual, leaving only a fleeting mild embarrassment except for how ephemeral memory is and the turn of generations.

Here is a decent record:

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-yea ... redictions

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:16 am

Ahem!
:focus:

We are very lucky to have not just one but two outstanding cartoonists. Here First Dog On the Moon addresses the subject of this thread: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... mate-demon

:twothumbsup:
Kim

jake
Global Moderator

Post by jake » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:18 am

Posts regarding climate science have been moved to: viewtopic.php?f=36&p=505397#p505397 Please discuss there.

All remaining posts shall remain on topic. You've been politely reminded.

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:23 am

jake wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:18 am
Posts regarding climate science have been moved to: viewtopic.php?f=36&p=505397#p505397 Please discuss there.

All remaining posts shall remain on topic. You've been politely reminded.
:good:

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:32 am

Well, there is the issue itself..climate change,which is deeply concerning and urgent.
And then there is the psychodrama, the issue of Ms Thunberg herself, the topic of the thread. And like all public figures she has become a blank canvas on which to project hopes and fears. The responses to her both positive and negative are more about those doing the projection than they are about it’s subject.
‘Twas ever thus.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.

Matt J

Post by Matt J » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Especially for Simon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x49P_ZGeWq8

:jumping:

Just kidding.
"The essence of meditation practice is to let go of all your expectations about meditation. All the qualities of your natural mind -- peace, openness, relaxation, and clarity -- are present in your mind just as it is. You don't have to do anything different. You don't have to shift or change your awareness. All you have to do while observing your mind is to recognize the qualities it already has."
--- Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:11 pm

:applause:

boda

Post by boda » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:56 pm

Simon E. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:44 pm
Watching her address to the UN I worried for her personally.
I think that's kinda the point, it's young people, and future generations, that we should be worried about.

Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:58 pm

boda wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:56 pm
Simon E. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:44 pm
Watching her address to the UN I worried for her personally.
I think that's kinda the point, it's young people, and future generations, that we should be worried about.
:good:

tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 pm

I think it is the biggest shame, when children are misused for propaganda. This is my impression about her.
Something seems to be fishy.
Has the world turned so harmonious, that now governments, establishment and corporations support protest movements?
Than it is becoming similar like the 1st May "protests" supported by the governments of the Soviet Union and other communist countries.
These "protests" were even being made obligatory, and those who did not want to participate could live with some not-so-pleasant consequencies.

https://www.rt.com/news/469789-greta-cl ... s-allowed/

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm

tatpurusa wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 pm
I think it is the biggest shame, when children are misused for propaganda. This is my impression about her.
Has the world turned so harmonious, that now governments, establishment and corporations support protest movements?
Than it is becoming similar like the 1st May "protests" supported by the governments of the Soviet Union and other communist countries.
These "protests" were even being made obligatory, and those who did not want to participate could live with some not-so-pleasant consequencies.

https://www.rt.com/news/469789-greta-cl ... s-allowed/
There is some truth to this, undoubtedly various actors would love, and are trying to turn the environmental movement into some kind of profit/power generation venture. That is kind of how it goes with everything, and not terribly surprising. The environmentalism celebrity is not necessarily the environmentalism of the Dakota Access Pipeline protestors, though those folks had plenty of celebrity/media supporters as well.

There were bought/boss-friendly unions in the early days of the Labor movement I'm sure as well - and probably similar claims made towards the entire labor movement based on this fact by people who stood to benefit from workers continuing to have no voice. Just like today people will attempt to connect (falsely, usually using poor logic) the entire environmental movement to some kind of "astroturf" aspect of it, in order to discredit the very idea that a change is needed in environmental policy.

There is not any specific impenetrable border between "the establishment" and what is not the establishment, the boundaries of these things are actually somewhat porous, and they shift over time, albeit within certain parameters. the relationshipsa re usually quite complex, and it's often hard to find black and white categories. It's one of the most amusing and bizarre things about Samsara.

So it is one thing to say her message is co-opted somehow, quite another to claim she is some kind of shill with no real evidence. It is indeed odd to me that the World Economic Forum allowed her to come speak, and it speaks to the fact that (I'm sure) a new generation of capitalists is looking to figure exactly how to well, capitalize off of our current "green" moment, though I am not sure it speaks to her being anything other than what she is.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:24 pm

Tashi delek,

The practise / work of today, based on an enormous support for Greta and her climate change. :twothumbsup:
This will impress those who are not at all on one line with Greta, the other party also called the 1% party here.

Further protests is needed and not to forget an international green party who will take care about renovations worldwide.

This is the start to a better world, it gives the poor youth without future a better feeling as well many adults (with their children)

=========================

By: Greta Thunberg

At a total of over 6.6 million and still counting, the week of Global Climate Strikes is on par with the 2003 anti-Iraq war protest as one of the largest coordinated global protest in history. The momentum is on our side and we are not going anywhere

This is a shot from the large #ClimateStrike in Montreal today [Update: the total count for Montreal is 500,000 people!]. So grateful to everyone who has made the past week possible.

boda

Post by boda » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:12 am

tatpurusa wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 pm
What’s fishy is that there are not more people speaking out as Thunberg does.

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:01 am

Nice one!

:smile:
Kim

greata.jpg
greata.jpg (75.01 KiB) Viewed 925 times

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:35 am

IN ADDITION:

Tashi delek,

Would be Greta a bad or good person ?

Here we have defenders and criticizers, like with every "political" orientated party.
Some see her as a puppet on a string of a secret power who is working behind......
But there are not so much evidences on the table for such a theory at the moment.

This all does not stop many humans worldwide to defend something.
That something is sure NOT ONLY climate change what keeps humans busy.
It is also the hard life people meet daily, caused by the famous 1%, like to high daily living costs , no health care, war, paying too much tax, big brother is watching you, 5G, etc.
Guess this is / will be, all united in the Greta movement.

=======================

Porto, Portugal!

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:52 am

Tashi delek,

The famous speech of Greta :twothumbsup:

Also here critic is possible and it would be nice to hear constructive critics.
Many shoot the bird already before it is in the sky, because it would fly on strange wings.

=====================

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:30 am

I have seen no criticism of Ms Thunberg on these pages at all...none. I am puzzled by the suggestion that there is any..

Return to “Lounge”