Our Anti-War President

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
tatpurusa

Re: Our Anti-War President

Post by tatpurusa »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 pm
tatpurusa wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:03 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:32 pm Conspiracy theories are birthed in paranoia.
With the very same logic, if you label the whole of RT just agitprop as you did, you qualify as a conspiracy theorist.
I bet you still believe in Russian meddling ...
RT is just an instrument of the Russian Gvt. They are a state run media conglomerate, like the BBC, CBC, etc. The difference is that I don't trust them. The Russians have a vested interest in undoing the Atlantic Alliance. I like the Atlantic Alliance. A weak Russia makes for a safer world.
This is your bias. You are a NATOist. In reality, a US as a regional power (no empire of world hegemony) and no NATO make for a safer world.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 pm RT is just an instrument of the Russian Gvt. They are a state run media conglomerate, like the BBC, CBC, etc. The difference is that I don't trust them. The Russians have a vested interest in undoing the Atlantic Alliance. I like the Atlantic Alliance. A weak Russia makes for a safer world.
Funny you say that. A recent poll in Germany, about who the biggest threat to world peace is, was won by Donald Trump by a landslide...
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 pm RT is just an instrument of the Russian Gvt. They are a state run media conglomerate, like the BBC, CBC, etc. The difference is that I don't trust them. The Russians have a vested interest in undoing the Atlantic Alliance. I like the Atlantic Alliance. A weak Russia makes for a safer world.
Funny you say that. A recent poll in Germany, about who the biggest threat to world peace is, was won by Donald Trump by a landslide...
Trump is not smart enough to stay in power forever, though he yearns for it, emulating his dictator buddies. He is out in 1 year or 5 at the most. If the people in the US are sufficiently smart, they will deny him a second term.

In the short term, of course Trump is a greater risk to world safety, but in the long run, no.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tatpurusa wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:42 pm You are a NATOist.
100%

I am also a globalist, I think George Soros is awesome, etc., everything that gives you cold sweats. :guns:
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:11 pm
Trump is not smart enough to stay in power forever, though he yearns for it, emulating his dictator buddies. He is out in 1 year or 5 at the most. If the people in the US are sufficiently smart, they will deny him a second term.

In the short term, of course Trump is a greater risk to world safety, but in the long run, no.
The US wanting to be the world hegemon is the biggest risk to world safety, not the pathetical figure of clown Trump.
When will you notice that rest of the world does not need and want this hegemon?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tatpurusa wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:15 pm

The US wanting to be the world hegemon is the biggest risk to world safety, not the pathetical figure of clown Trump.
When will you notice that rest of the world does not need and want this hegemon?
Scrap NATO at your peril. I don't know about you, but I much prefer the liberal democracy of the Western Alliance to the alternative. In case you haven't noticed, the EU still very much wants to be a part of NATO, even though Trump has shaken their confidence in our participation.
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:33 pm

Scrap NATO at your peril. I don't know about you, but I much prefer the liberal democracy of the Western Alliance to the alternative. In case you haven't noticed, the EU still very much wants to be a part of NATO, even though Trump has shaken their confidence in our participation.
I just hope your actual dharma insight is more profound than your political one. Peace.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tatpurusa wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 pm

I just hope your actual dharma insight is more profound than your political one. Peace.
I am hopelessly bourgeois. Still voting for Sanders though.
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:29 pm

And I am hopelessly proletarian. Hoping for the best, even though if it seems chanceless considering the ever stronger might of corporate fascism.
Caoimhghín

Post by Caoimhghín »

Sādhaka wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 am In reply to Queeqeg and PeterC, I don’t know exactly how deep the rabbit hole goes, but there seems to be special-interest groups largely calling the shots when it comes to politics & economics; whether they are Israeli lobbyists & jesuits, or simply bankers & corporations (or all of the above).
Emphasis added.

What on earth do the Jesuits have to do with this?
Then, the monks uttered this gāthā:

These bodies are like foam.
Them being frail, who can rejoice in them?
The Buddha attained the vajra-body.
Still, it becomes inconstant and ruined.
The many Buddhas are vajra-entities.
All are also subject to inconstancy.
Quickly ended, like melting snow --
how could things be different?

The Buddha passed into parinirvāṇa afterward.
(T1.27b10 Mahāparinirvāṇasūtra DĀ 2)
justsit

Post by justsit »

Caoimhghín wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:41 pm
Sādhaka wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 am In reply to Queeqeg and PeterC, I don’t know exactly how deep the rabbit hole goes, but there seems to be special-interest groups largely calling the shots when it comes to politics & economics; whether they are Israeli lobbyists & jesuits, or simply bankers & corporations (or all of the above).
Emphasis added.

They're the link to the Illuminati. :spy:
Caoimhghín

Post by Caoimhghín »

The Illuminati don't need middle men. They are all men.

#decolonialize

Sometimes I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic anymore.
Then, the monks uttered this gāthā:

These bodies are like foam.
Them being frail, who can rejoice in them?
The Buddha attained the vajra-body.
Still, it becomes inconstant and ruined.
The many Buddhas are vajra-entities.
All are also subject to inconstancy.
Quickly ended, like melting snow --
how could things be different?

The Buddha passed into parinirvāṇa afterward.
(T1.27b10 Mahāparinirvāṇasūtra DĀ 2)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tatpurusa wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:33 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:29 pm

And I am hopelessly proletarian. Hoping for the best, even though if it seems chanceless considering the ever stronger might of corporate fascism.
The proletariat is dead. You're all just consumers now.
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

An interesting read:
Immediate US withdrawal due to its violation of the agreement and Iraq sovereignty
https://ejmagnier.com/2020/01/22/immedi ... qdhKjI9Wbo

Also:
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

Caoimhghín wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:41 pm
Emphasis added.

It is in our nature to try and pinpoint problems to a specific cause. The turmoil we are experiencing has many players with many agendas/objectives. The scope of which is greater than a simple single cause.

To control masses in the past this same technique was used. It has been written about and is not a new method.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

The ultimate cause of our current degeneracy is a proliferation of our kleshas and the non-meritorious activity they motivate and the lack of merit resulting from meritorious activity. All other blame is merely identifying the proximate causes. We all are living in exactly the world we ourselves have engendered due to our past wrong behavior.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

Absolutely but in context to the presidency and the political polarization in the US it isn't a single group or interest that driving it.

Rather there are many interests with much influence causing disruption and distraction on many levels. Not all of it is intentional much of it is an attenuation. Trump's business objectives benefit from market disruption.

"Positive"disruptive business practices via technical innovations is the problem child here. Business disruption on this scale (technology age) is new. Without virtue disruption be used in unfair advantage but because of tech it is widely accepted without calculating the negative causation.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Motivation is everything. My personal conditions are excellent. They are largely by luck of birth. The question is if you ignore the suffering of others will you ever meet such conditions again? You may bless the world by contemplating the 4 immeasurables or dismantling a corrupt oligarchy. Most people I know are slaves to faceless corporate hierarchies. They endure constant abuse. The fact that it is almost universal makes it invisible to most people.

Return to “Lounge”