Corona conspiracy theories

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Malcolm

Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Malcolm » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:02 pm
This shit is totally nuts:

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronaviru ... as-created
Wasn't the Black Death blamed on Jews at one point? I mean this kind of thing is sadly pervasive, and not just in our time. Friggin samsara.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Concerning the "creation" of the virus, from what my boyfriendd told me (he is about to start his PhD in microbiology) some of the professors at our university (who are studying the virus at the moment) are considering the possibility that the virus indeed might have been created by humans. Mostly due to the fact that there are some strange things about the virus. However, that does not necessarily mean anything as reality is often rather unpredictable sometimes.

However, I definitely do agree that these "theories" are harmful and batshit crazy most of the time. I am FB 'friends' with one tibetan chap from Canada and he always posts these ridiculous theories, it is rather sad and disturbing.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 pm

People are all the time trying to make sense of what our minds can't quite fathom:(
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:02 pm
This shit is totally nuts:

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronaviru ... as-created
Amazingly insane.

Virgo

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:57 pm

All of the virologists I've seen talk about SARS-CoV-2 almost wants to hurl their coffee cups across the room when they get questions of this being a US man-made virus or Chinese man-made virus, simply due to the fact that one can see how a virus is built, with signs if it's "natural" or "designed" so to speak. This sort of theory from what I hear, is only peddled by people who don't know virology well enough. Suffice to say, it's like being an astronomer and being asked by people if Earth is really flat. How do you react to such a question?
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

Virgo
Former staff member

Post by Virgo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:03 pm

The mind boggles.

(I just wanted to say that :) ).

Virgo

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:53 pm

A large collection of data on China trying to change the narrative, from China being responsible for this disaster, to being blameless, and being practically heroes that deserves international praise:

"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

well wisher

Post by well wisher » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 am

Here are more conspiracies articles for y'all reading pleasures:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/worl ... heory.html
China Spins Tale That the U.S. Army Started the Coronavirus Epidemic
China is pushing a new theory about the origins of the coronavirus: It is an American disease that might have been introduced by members of the United States Army who visited Wuhan in October.

Nemo

Post by Nemo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:42 am

Kids are calling it Boomer Remover. It specifically targets old men. It's also surprisingly gentle to children. Under 10 are basically immune. Almost like the world is trying to get rid of the thing that caused all the problems.

DharmaN00b

Post by DharmaN00b » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:52 am

"affects" disproportionately.. not targets... boomers aren't playing russian roulette, well, not all :spy:

smcj

Post by smcj » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:55 am

I’m trying to find the Fox article where someone is blaming George Sorros. It may have been removed.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:56 am

Conspiracy theories are a bit redundant, because if you just write this up in a neutral, factual way, it’s already very hard to believe that it’s happening

slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/trump-coronavirus-response-9-11.html

tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:47 pm

Nemo wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:42 am
Kids are calling it Boomer Remover. It specifically targets old men. It's also surprisingly gentle to children. Under 10 are basically immune. Almost like the world is trying to get rid of the thing that caused all the problems.
If the world was trying to get rid of the thing that caused all problems, it would try to get rid of the 1% or 0.1%.
But this would not be done by a virus, rather by a revolution. It is NOT the old who cause problems to the system.
So could it be, that the virus is there just to prevent the natural reaction that would be a revolution? :mrgreen:

tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:56 pm

Most welcome epidemic for the Bolivian coup regime:
https://sputniknews.com/latam/202003211 ... -pandemic/

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:02 am

Nemo wrote:
Another conspiracy theory I heard is that it is biological warfare specifically designed to finish off those over 60 and especially those over 75. People are living much longer thanks to medical science and are staying on old age pensions longer and governments don't have the funds to pay all of these millions of people who receive their pensions every month until they die. Japan and some other nations have been encouraging young couples to have children to fill the lack of workers contributing into social security and other old age pensions to pay for the elderly. I know those on the pensions say they paid into the system, which is true, but governments have to make up for the inflation and increase the amounts, typically on an annual basis. What an elderly person receives over his lifetime is probably much more than what they put in, due to inflation effects. Unless of course, they don't live long after beginning to receive old age pension benefits.

I don't think it's true though; I think it's a virus from exotic animals that jumped to humans and because it's particularly deadly just happens to kill those with underlying health problems, which tends to be the elderly.

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:14 am

How about we ignore the ignorant, naive, and/or persecution-complex people and simply look at the peer-reviewed science?

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2
SARS-CoV-2 is the seventh coronavirus known to infect humans; SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 can cause severe disease, whereas HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E are associated with mild symptoms6. Here we review what can be deduced about the origin of SARS-CoV-2 from comparative analysis of genomic data. We offer a perspective on the notable features of the SARS-CoV-2 genome and discuss scenarios by which they could have arisen. Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa

Tenma

Post by Tenma » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:41 am

DNS wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:02 am
Nemo wrote:
Another conspiracy theory I heard is that it is biological warfare specifically designed to finish off those over 60 and especially those over 75. People are living much longer thanks to medical science and are staying on old age pensions longer and governments don't have the funds to pay all of these millions of people who receive their pensions every month until they die. Japan and some other nations have been encouraging young couples to have children to fill the lack of workers contributing into social security and other old age pensions to pay for the elderly. I know those on the pensions say they paid into the system, which is true, but governments have to make up for the inflation and increase the amounts, typically on an annual basis. What an elderly person receives over his lifetime is probably much more than what they put in, due to inflation effects. Unless of course, they don't live long after beginning to receive old age pension benefits.

I don't think it's true though; I think it's a virus from exotic animals that jumped to humans and because it's particularly deadly just happens to kill those with underlying health problems, which tends to be the elderly.
Yep.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ket-newtab

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:13 pm

:focus: with one I'm sure is a doozy. (No, I haven't watched it. I value my few remaining brain cells too much. :tongue: )

:popcorn:
Kim

SonamTashi

Post by SonamTashi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:10 am

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:13 pm
:focus: with one I'm sure is a doozy. (No, I haven't watched it. I value my few remaining brain cells too much. :tongue: )

:popcorn:
Kim

It was only a matter of time before David Icke tied the Corona Virus into his drivel.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:

Return to “Lounge”