Corona conspiracy theories

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
User avatar
SonamTashi
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by SonamTashi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:13 am

The Q people can't figure out what they think of the virus. I've seen Q followers put forth the following theories within minutes of each other without mentioning, and presumably without even noticing that the theories conflict:

Image

Image

Image

But they're all still very confident that the virus proves QAnon is true.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:

User avatar
PeterC
Posts: 1752
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by PeterC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 am

SonamTashi wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:13 am
But they're all still very confident that the virus proves QAnon is true.
These people are remarkable. They are the perfect illustration of why there’s little point engaging with conspiracy theorists because all possible facts serve to confirm their paranoid beliefs. Supporting evidence supports. Rebutting evidence is clearly fabricated therefore also supports. It’s like a religion.

User avatar
SonamTashi
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by SonamTashi » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:40 am

PeterC wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 am
SonamTashi wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:13 am
But they're all still very confident that the virus proves QAnon is true.
These people are remarkable. They are the perfect illustration of why there’s little point engaging with conspiracy theorists because all possible facts serve to confirm their paranoid beliefs. Supporting evidence supports. Rebutting evidence is clearly fabricated therefore also supports. It’s like a religion.
It very much is a religion. If you look up /u/kusuriurikun/ on reddit, he can be a little verbose, but he grew up in the New Apostolic Reformation movement, and he frequently discusses how NAR and the Dominionist movement absorbed Satanic Panic as a doctrine, and after Q many of them have essentially accepted Q as doctrine as well. In fact, he argues (pretty convincingly in my opinion) that the original Q grifter was probably a member of an NAR group. Much of the Q conspiracy theory lines up with NAR millenialist beliefs. He still has contact with people in the movement, and he says that people in NAR groups are actively cross-recruiting individuals into Q and visa versa. At it's core, QAnon is Christian apocalypse cult.

But over time it has drawn in New Age and UFO conspiracy theorists as well, so it is sort of a hodge podge, but even for these Q followers, it is really a religion. The Q followers I know are very fervent in their belief that it is their mission to preach Q to people, like missionaries.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, the FBI identified these guys as potential domestic terrorists.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:

User avatar
Lucas Oliveira
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 am

SonamTashi wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:10 am
Kim O'Hara wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:13 pm
:focus: with one I'm sure is a doozy. (No, I haven't watched it. I value my few remaining brain cells too much. :tongue: )

:popcorn:
Kim


It was only a matter of time before David Icke tied the Corona Virus into his drivel.
David Icke - A Man of Courage


:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. https://translate.google.com.br/

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

tkp67
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 am

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by tkp67 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:30 am

I think many people feel relativity small and insignificant relative to world events. They become so abstracted to cause and effect that fear is literally intoxicating. That is why emotionally engaging propaganda is so poignant to those minds.
Last edited by tkp67 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeterC
Posts: 1752
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by PeterC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:30 am

SonamTashi wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:40 am
It very much is a religion. If you look up /u/kusuriurikun/ on reddit, he can be a little verbose, but he grew up in the New Apostolic Reformation movement, and he frequently discusses how NAR and the Dominionist movement absorbed Satanic Panic as a doctrine, and after Q many of them have essentially accepted Q as doctrine as well.
Thanks for that. A fascinating though somewhat disturbing read
Also, in case anyone doesn't know, the FBI identified these guys as potential domestic terrorists.
Not exactly surprising

User avatar
Lucas Oliveira
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:09 am

i like conspiracy theories

V For Vendetta: Pathogen Path To Power


Russia 'successfully tests' its unplugged internet
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50902496

Russia successfully disconnected from the internet
RuNet disconnection tests were successful, according to the Russian government.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/russia-su ... -internet/

:spy:

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. https://translate.google.com.br/

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

smcj
Posts: 6947
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 am

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by smcj » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:18 am

Imagine if this had happened while Obama was president. Remember the paranoia about the FEMA camps?
:crazy:
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

User avatar
Nemo
Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Nemo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:03 pm

I have a crazy conspiracy that the rich are going to rob us blind since they were making their money from being over leveraged again. That some banks and rich people were leveraged over 15 times in the London Bond Market like in 2008. They did this by recollateralizing your money and investments multiple times through shell corporations and banks trading them back and forth. In secret these lizard people will blackmail the government saying if one of them goes down the entire global economy will be exposed as a Ponzi scheme and all the rich will be bankrupt. They will then steal trillions of public money that could have gone to workers and services. All because rich bankers were allowed to scam the system buying 15 bonds with only the money for one.

Crazy theory right?

User avatar
PeterC
Posts: 1752
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by PeterC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:13 pm

Nemo, that’s absurd. How could something like that be possible in our well-regulated economy? It’s about as likely as, say, companies demanding money from the government in return for not firing workers, then handing that money to their shareholders and firing the workers anyway. Things like this simply can’t happen in our entrepreneurial democracy.

User avatar
Nemo
Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Nemo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:11 pm

PeterC wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:13 pm
Nemo, that’s absurd. How could something like that be possible in our well-regulated economy? It’s about as likely as, say, companies demanding money from the government in return for not firing workers, then handing that money to their shareholders and firing the workers anyway. Things like this simply can’t happen in our entrepreneurial democracy.
This article by Ron Paul did not age well now that he is infected.
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/fe ... aRMDlHtcRY

Image

User avatar
PeterC
Posts: 1752
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by PeterC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm

Nemo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:11 pm
PeterC wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:13 pm
Nemo, that’s absurd. How could something like that be possible in our well-regulated economy? It’s about as likely as, say, companies demanding money from the government in return for not firing workers, then handing that money to their shareholders and firing the workers anyway. Things like this simply can’t happen in our entrepreneurial democracy.
This article by Ron Paul did not age well now that he is infected.
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/fe ... aRMDlHtcRY
Is it him or his son that has it?

He should be ashamed citing nonsense numbers like that. The morality numbers in the US are meaningless. You are only classified as dead from this is you were diagnosed premortem.

From the perspective of risk to any individual life - he is right, other things kill more people. But as a doctor he should understand the implications of the healthcare system simply being overwhelmed by cases of a highly contagious disease.

Malcolm
Posts: 30803
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Malcolm » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm

PeterC wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm
Nemo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:11 pm
PeterC wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:13 pm
Nemo, that’s absurd. How could something like that be possible in our well-regulated economy? It’s about as likely as, say, companies demanding money from the government in return for not firing workers, then handing that money to their shareholders and firing the workers anyway. Things like this simply can’t happen in our entrepreneurial democracy.
This article by Ron Paul did not age well now that he is infected.
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/fe ... aRMDlHtcRY
Is it him or his son that has it?

He should be ashamed citing nonsense numbers like that. The morality numbers in the US are meaningless. You are only classified as dead from this is you were diagnosed premortem.

From the perspective of risk to any individual life - he is right, other things kill more people. But as a doctor he should understand the implications of the healthcare system simply being overwhelmed by cases of a highly contagious disease.
His son, but Ron Paul is an asshole of major proportions.

User avatar
Nemo
Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Nemo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:26 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm
PeterC wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm
Nemo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:11 pm


This article by Ron Paul did not age well now that he is infected.
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/fe ... aRMDlHtcRY
Is it him or his son that has it?

He should be ashamed citing nonsense numbers like that. The morality numbers in the US are meaningless. You are only classified as dead from this is you were diagnosed premortem.

From the perspective of risk to any individual life - he is right, other things kill more people. But as a doctor he should understand the implications of the healthcare system simply being overwhelmed by cases of a highly contagious disease.
His son, but Ron Paul is an asshole of major proportions.
That's actually worse. His negligence helped to sicken his own son.

Malcolm
Posts: 30803
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Malcolm » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Nemo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:26 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:28 pm
PeterC wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm


Is it him or his son that has it?

He should be ashamed citing nonsense numbers like that. The morality numbers in the US are meaningless. You are only classified as dead from this is you were diagnosed premortem.

From the perspective of risk to any individual life - he is right, other things kill more people. But as a doctor he should understand the implications of the healthcare system simply being overwhelmed by cases of a highly contagious disease.
His son, but Ron Paul is an asshole of major proportions.
That's actually worse. His negligence helped to sicken his own son.
Yeah, it just keeps getting better.

User avatar
Nemo
Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Nemo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Now this one is absolutely true. Don't even try debunking it.
Image

smcj
Posts: 6947
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 am

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by smcj » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Nancy Pelosi, George Sorros, and the Deep State deliberately started the pandemic to embarrass the President and eliminate as many Fox News viewers as possible before the election.

I don’t participate in 8chann so I posted it here instead.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

User avatar
Ayu
Global Moderator
Posts: 7991
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Corona conspiracy theories

Post by Ayu » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:54 pm

I understand this topic is fun. But everybody should be aware that sarcasm is difficult to understand online. So, if the factual discussion is done, we should leave it at this now.
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:

Locked

Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests