Malas

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Ogyen

Re: Malas

Post by Ogyen »

Re-string job
IMG_20180403_145046_285.jpg
IMG_20180403_145046_285.jpg (332.86 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
Last edited by Ogyen on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

My Odzer Chenma mala.... Because I like doing a lot of OC practice.

IMG_20180404_145900_331.jpg
IMG_20180404_145900_331.jpg (480.66 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
Last edited by Ogyen on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Quartz play... For a vajra sister

IMG_20180404_095310_767.jpg
IMG_20180404_095310_767.jpg (229.07 KiB) Viewed 2074 times
Last edited by Ogyen on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Rustic mala for a vajra sister
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg (196.2 KiB) Viewed 2069 times

Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Re-string job..
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg (160.51 KiB) Viewed 2065 times

KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Very lovely work. Did you teach yourself how to make malas? Where did you get the raw materials? Very impressed. :bow:
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Ogyen wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:21 am My Odzer Chenma mala.... Because I like doing a lot of OC practice.

Not lost your touch, I see. Lovely. :)
I've not seen Tibetan malas idividually knotted, mainly 'Hindu' japa malas like rudraksha, but it is by far the most sensible approach.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:42 am Very lovely work. Did you teach yourself how to make malas? Where did you get the raw materials? Very impressed. :bow:
İt is all self-taught, I have sellers I have been working with for years. Thank you!

Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Mantrik wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:43 am
Ogyen wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:21 am My Odzer Chenma mala.... Because I like doing a lot of OC practice.

Not lost your touch, I see. Lovely. :)
I've not seen Tibetan malas idividually knotted, mainly 'Hindu' japa malas like rudraksha, but it is by far the most sensible approach.
I know!!! Those crazy wild Tibetans... Losing so many Beads when the cord snaps!!!

My malas at the most lose one or two where it broke... I prefer the Hindu style for making restringing jobs so much easier and not having to fit beads that don't fit or redesign the whole mala!! Also every knot is like a seal. I like to think of it as mini samayas honored within Samaya. All samayas in one focus. :rolling:

Sensible indeed my friend.

Return to “Lounge”