Dharma talks online

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Vakkali

Dharma talks online

Post by Vakkali »

Hey everyone,

I'm a Theravadin, but I'd like some help finding some Mahayana-oriented resources.

There are a lot of extensive talks by Theravadin monks and scholars on Youtube and other websites, so as a Theravadin I have very easy access to various interpretations and explanations of Buddhist thought and practice from within my own tradition.

My question is, have Mahayana monastics made material like this similarly available and freely accessible? Are there prominent monks and nuns (other than the Dalai Lama and Thich Nhat Hanh) who lecture widely and extensively on the dhamma?

With metta,
Vakkali
KonchokZoepa

Re: Dharma talks online

Post by KonchokZoepa »

berzin archives should have some recorded talks, if not then at least a lot of material in text format.

Robina Courtin is a gelugpa and student of Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche, she has some amount of talks on youtube on different Mahayana subject and little bit of vajrayana. you can find for your likings when you search her name on youtube.

Lama Zopa Rinpoche should have some Dharma talks, remember if you listen to dedicate to his long life :namaste:

i will post more if i come up with more

http://diamondvehiclesangha.wikifoundry ... raining%5D
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
householder

Post by householder »

archive.org has numerous Dharma Talks available for download. Many are from the Tse Chen Ling center, which I believe is part of fpmt.org. There is also a guy named Tamarack Garlow that has some short (30mins) talks/commentaries about different aspects of Buddhism, I believe he is Tendai though. The archive has more stuff than you probably have time to listen to.

May you have happiness and its causes,
May you be free from suffering and its causes
May you always find happiness and its causes
May you always be free from suffering and its causes
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

In the Tibetan tradition there are countless talks on youtube by highly regarded teaches such as HH Dalai Lama, the Karmapa, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Dzongsar Kyentse Rinpoche etc. - there is no shortage.

In terms of the non-Tibetan Mahayana traditions,
Ven. Heng Sure is an American monk ordained over 20 years in the Chinese Buddhist tradition of Master Hsuan Hua. His lectures on the Avatamsaka Sutra as especially interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KfRK9cg ... ynvvVozO8i

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”