4 Causes to be reborn in Dewachen-Garchen Rinpoche

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Luke

4 Causes to be reborn in Dewachen-Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Luke »

Here is a dharma talk by Garchen Rinpoche titled "The Four Causes to be Reborn in Dewachen." I posted it in the general Mahayana forum because I think it might of general interest to many types of Mahayana Buddhists.

phpBB [video]

I listened carefully to Garchen Rinpoche's lecture, but I couldn't find the 4th cause of rebirth in Dewachen.
I did manage to catch the first 3, though:

1) Visualize the "field of accumulation" (think of the qualities of Dewachen and the Buddha Amitabha and recollect them with the 3 types faith: clear faith, longing faith, and trusting faith).
2) Accumulate merit and purify obscurations.
3) Say the aspiration prayer to be reborn in Dewachen.
4) ???

If any of you know what the 4th cause is, please post it. :anjali:
Luke

Re: 4 Causes to be reborn in Dewachen-Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Luke »

One great quote from Garchen Rinpoche's talk:
"If you consider the preciousness of bodhichitta, you really come to a point where you regard bodhichitta as even more precious than your own life."

Re: 4 Causes to be reborn in Dewachen-Garchen Rinpoche

Post by newbie »

Luke wrote:One great quote from Garchen Rinpoche's talk:
"If you consider the preciousness of bodhichitta, you really come to a point where you regard bodhichitta as even more precious than your own life."
It is the 4th cause as a cause of rebirth in higher realms and ultimately it leads to enlightenment.

Related to the 1st cause, vizualization and cultivation of faith, by the recitation of prayers/making aspirations the sangha/the practitioner connects to the power of the Buddhas' minds.

:namaste:

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”