DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:14 am

There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

MiphamFan
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:46 am

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by MiphamFan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:36 am

TBH, I'm not a huge fan of DKR (don't hate him, just don't particularly like his style) but for some reason I read his prefatory commentary and liked it.

Thanks for sharing.

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:48 pm

MiphamFan wrote:TBH, I'm not a huge fan of DKR (don't hate him, just don't particularly like his style) but for some reason I read his prefatory commentary and liked it.

Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Miroku
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by Miroku » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:40 pm

I love this book. I am reading the commentary and so far it is amazing!
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by dzogchungpa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Miroku wrote:I love this book. I am reading the commentary and so far it is amazing!
The illustrations are pretty cool too. Apparently they were done by the mysterious DALeast, who is “currently a human being.”
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Miroku
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by Miroku » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:37 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
Miroku wrote:I love this book. I am reading the commentary and so far it is amazing!
The illustrations are pretty cool too. Apparently they were done by the mysterious DALeast, who is “currently a human being.”
Human being with an amazing talent. those ilustrations give the book an extraordinary feeling. It is really weird and new just like the way the commentary is done. It is no lecture, it is not that much intelectual yet it is amazing in its informality. :D I might be over praising it but so far it is one of the greatest books about dharma I have ever read.
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

philji
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by philji » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Miroku wrote:
dzogchungpa wrote:
Miroku wrote:I love this book. I am reading the commentary and so far it is amazing!
The illustrations are pretty cool too. Apparently they were done by the mysterious DALeast, who is “currently a human being.”
Human being with an amazing talent. those ilustrations give the book an extraordinary feeling. It is really weird and new just like the way the commentary is done. It is no lecture, it is not that much intelectual yet it is amazing in its informality. :D I might be over praising it but so far it is one of the greatest books about dharma I have ever read.

Same here.

User avatar
gzodzilpa
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by gzodzilpa » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:44 am

Thanks a lot for pointing this out, doesn't get much better than a free dharma book from DJKR.

:anjali:

Jyotish
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:54 am

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by Jyotish » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 am

Thanks for posting this. The text is certainly way above my and Perhaps it is still countless lifetimes before I get it but it increases devotion instantly to know there are such crazy things in the dharma. Masters-aya Namah!

User avatar
dzogchungpa
Posts: 6333
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by dzogchungpa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:04 am

There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: DJKR - A Celebrity Falls Sick - commentary on the Vimalakirti Sutra

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:36 pm

i'm reluctant to read it :rolling: joking.. :)
Identities are false and not true

Post Reply

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Astus and 17 guests