The Importance of Religious Faith

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
byrneklay

Re: The Importance of Religious Faith

Post by byrneklay » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:52 am

It is not important what others believe. It's even less important what we believe. To most non-religious people logic and reason are the tools they trust. But logic and reason have hard limits. That is why I am a Buddhist. Teach the Dharma. Don't preach it.

muni

Re: The Importance of Religious Faith

Post by muni » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:48 am

yan kong wrote:
Dharma Flower wrote:
yan kong wrote:I'd say spend most of your energy realizing the essence found within all those sutras then once you have realized truth you can work on converting the masses through example.
Since my wife is non-religious, I am not allowed to teach our children about Buddhism until they are old enough to study the scriptures for themselves, which I guess is for the best.
I stand by my claim. If the study and practice of the Dharma has a positive or transformative effect on your life then perhaps your wife will see that.
Agree. Living examples of Buddha, nurture the heart. To be in such surrounding is an incomparable gift for them.
May all beings have happiness and the cause of happiness.
May they be free of suffering and the cause of suffering.
May they never be disassociated from the supreme happiness which is without suffering.
May they remain in the boundless equanimity, free from both attachment to close ones and rejection of others.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”