Patrul Rinpoche's reference to Vajrasattva

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
weitsicht

Patrul Rinpoche's reference to Vajrasattva

Post by weitsicht » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Patrul Rinpoche explains a Vajrasattva Sadhana at length in the Words of my Perfect Teacher p.267 ff.
Apparently there are different versions of the Vajrasattva(-in-union) Sadhana.

Which one does he refer to?
Is it accessible online or in other literature?
I'd appreciate very much a copy that contains the Tibetan phonetics and English. It is more elaborate than the sadhana I practised to far.

Thanks for your advice.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

liuzg150181

Re: Patrul Rinpoche's reference to Vajrasattva

Post by liuzg150181 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:47 pm

weitsicht wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:45 pm
Patrul Rinpoche explains a Vajrasattva Sadhana at length in the Words of my Perfect Teacher p.267 ff.
Apparently there are different versions of the Vajrasattva(-in-union) Sadhana.

Which one does he refer to?
Is it accessible online or in other literature?
I'd appreciate very much a copy that contains the Tibetan phonetics and English. It is more elaborate than the sadhana I practised to far.

Thanks for your advice.
Considering Words of my Perfect Teacher is meant for Longchen Nyingtik preliminary,i guess it is meant for Longchen Nyingtik ngondro?

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:43 pm

yes, it's for the Vajrasattva section of the Longchen Nyingthig ngondro. to practice this, you would need to get the lung. In the Longchen Nyingthig it also considered important to get the empowerment. I think this is different from other ngon-dros. Also in the Patrul sung-gyud, Patrul Rinpoche's oral lineage for this ngon-dro, the better number of accumulations is 10 bum/1 million.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

weitsicht

Post by weitsicht » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 am

May question may be silly, apologies, still I Need to ask:

Are there several lungs for Vajrasattva or can I practise this one when I received another Transmission?
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

weitsicht

Post by weitsicht » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:43 pm

weitsicht wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 am
My question may be silly, apologies, still I need to ask:

Are there several lungs for Vajrasattva or can I practise this one when I received another Transmission?
Bump.

Miroku

Post by Miroku » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:02 pm

weitsicht wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:43 pm
weitsicht wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 am
My question may be silly, apologies, still I need to ask:

Bump.
I think you have to get the lung for this particular sadhana in order to practice it.
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:20 pm

each sadhana has its own lung. you need to get that one to practice that sadhana.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ