Acer to market 'smart prayer beads'

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Acer to market 'smart prayer beads'

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm I count sheep. LIke Acer products, they are occasionally prone to viruses but the worst part is having to round up 108 of them each time. I found a short cut, though - round up 27 and count each leg, plus the sheepdog to allow for errors. ;)
If you count the heads and tails as well as the legs, you only need 18 of the sheep, and you will accumulate merit by letting the other 9 peacefully graze.
Mantrik wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm Seriously, though, 'daft beads' may be a better term.......why introduce something which needs power to work, can go wrong, costs more money, and probably has caused a fair amount of pollution in the making. It must have been an April Fool stunt.
:good:

:coffee:
Kim
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

$10 a bead and only one is 'tech'.

Still, I wonder, if it were a 108 mala, how many TIbetans would love the novelty. HHDL?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Simon E. wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am Call me Mr Stick- in- the- mud but I'll keep using beads I can feel. Whose heft is in my hand. Beads that I can oil and smell the sandalwood or frankincense...

I like using all the senses, not just hearing and cognitions
:thumbsup:
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”