Everyday life tips

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Everyday life tips

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

this is one of the most useful advice for daily life. What is your or your teachers, lineage, etc. tips for everyday life that you find useful?

“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
KristenM

Re: Everyday life tips

Post by KristenM »

Very nice video. I struggle with the whole unscheduled time thing. My life Monday thru Friday is super busy...I feel like I need to have a busy schedule on weekends.

A teaching from my school that I like is "Sealing appearances." You go throughout your day seeing everything as part of the extension of viewing things with the view of a practitioner.

Nothing really unusual about that, I'm sure that's what we're all supposed to be doing. I try be conscious of it, as well as the four times of day to practice: Dawn, Day, Dusk and Nightime.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”