Which Is The Most Accurate Great Compassion Dharani In Sanskrit?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
vikas113

Which Is The Most Accurate Great Compassion Dharani In Sanskrit?

Post by vikas113 »

I have seen many different versions of Great Compassionate Mantra on youtube and on the internet. I seriously don't understand which is the most original mantra according to the sutras?

Please, I will be very thankful to my dhamma friends if anyone would share some light or at least reveal the most accurate Great Compassionate Dharani in Sanskrit.
MatthewAngby

Re: Which Is The Most Accurate Great Compassion Dharani In Sanskrit?

Post by MatthewAngby »

vikas113 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:53 pm I have seen many different versions of Great Compassionate Mantra on youtube and on the internet. I seriously don't understand which is the most original mantra according to the sutras?

Please, I will be very thankful to my dhamma friends if anyone would share some light or at least reveal the most accurate Great Compassionate Dharani in Sanskrit.

^
Watch this. Skip to 17.08 and watch it till the end, and do not ever skip any parts after 17.08 . there will be the chanting of the mantra in a musical tone. There will be subtitles of the chant, which if you want, you can copy it down yourself as you watch through the chanting. That is one of the most common Great compassion dharani that is chanted these days. ( though there is a longer one, which is less frequently used as far as I know ). The great compassion dharani chant in that movie is in Sanskrit , so I would say it is quite accurate. :namaste:

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”