Seven Branches-Practice Support Thread

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Josef

Seven Branches-Practice Support Thread

Post by Josef »

Hi all,
I had the idea that it might be nice to use the board for a collective practice support thread and that a good way to structure it may be the Seven Branches.
We can use this space to make confessions, rejoice, request teachers to remain and teach etc.

Approach now, gurus, devas, and dakinis:
Take your seats on these cushions of lotus, sun and moon.
We offer homage, while devotion fills our body, speech and mind.
We make offerings, outer, inner and secret.
We confess all impairments and breakages of vows, all our harmful actions and obscurations.
We rejoice that the secret mantrayana is being accomplished in practice.
We request you to turn the wheel of the secret mantra teachings, which ripen and liberate.
Remain with us without passing into nirvana, we pray.
We dedicate all merit so that sentient beings attain the essence of enlightenment.
May we all realize our true vajra nature!
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Josef

Re: Seven Branches-Practice Support Thread

Post by Josef »

Ill kick it off.

Last night while playing Dungeons and Dragons I had a lapse of mindfulness and spoke harshly with my partner.
It was unskillful and unbecoming of a practitioner of Mahayana and lead to an argument and suffering.
I confess this lapse to the three jewels publicly and wholeheartedly in an effort to purify negativity and cultivate virtue.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

A confession thread could get interesting...

Where do I start? Do you have a few days?
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Josef

Post by Josef »

Queequeg wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:19 pm A confession thread could get interesting...

Where do I start? Do you have a few days?
I bet we could set a record for the longest thread.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Sometimes I loose my patience. :emb:
I'm working on it though.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I'm angry a lot. I've managed to keep it from spilling out onto others most of the time, but every now that and then I yell at my kids or get in some inane argument with my wife. Lately I speak harshly towards others when they can't hear it. usually irrational stuff in traffic jams and whatnot.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Motova

Post by Motova »

I criticized my Vajra Sister about not caring about her vows or samayas through facebook messenger recently (I have learned one should just politely ignore and avoid such people).

I have been very critical and harsh to people for most of my life, specifically my parents.

I don't practice enough as I should.

I also have a really bad habit of rationalizing non-virtue.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

i have forced my father to be humil and less arrogant by forcing him to ask me for help. it's too rude from my part...

i have insulted my mom once... i regret that

i have being harsh to a vajra sister by means of pointig defects

i have strikened an uknown cat that was sneaking inside the house

i have eaten a poisonus bug's head that threatened me

i have done so many stupidities...
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

I abhor my body for the allergic reactions and pain it causes me
This morning I killed some 30-40 greenflies for some vain rose petals to become
My mind is as dull as an animal for incredibly many and long times day by day and night by night
I incline to the fetter of sleep

I confess these lapse to the three jewels publicly and wholeheartedly in an effort to purify negativity and cultivate virtue.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Josef

Post by Josef »

Thank you all for your contributions thus far.
Its humbling to witness your honesty.
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

Josef wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:16 pm Last night while playing Dungeons and Dragons I had a lapse of mindfulness and spoke harshly with my partner.
Reminds me of this guy -'meditating with PS2'
https://thenewheretics.wordpress.com/page/1/
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
Josef

Post by Josef »

weitsicht wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 am
Josef wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:16 pm Last night while playing Dungeons and Dragons I had a lapse of mindfulness and spoke harshly with my partner.
Reminds me of this guy -'meditating with PS2'
https://thenewheretics.wordpress.com/page/1/
Haha!
The ethical quandaries of DND are no joke!

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”