Some days visualisation and bodhicitta comes easier

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
MatthewAngby

Some days visualisation and bodhicitta comes easier

Post by MatthewAngby »

How come on some days when I do Practice, my visualisations are much more clearer without effort , and bodhicitta motivation is more or less very constant and comes up easier... but on some days, visualisation is rigid and hard, bodhicitta is not really strong ...

Btw ( today’s a full moon )

Thanks,
Matt
Lobsang Chojor

Re: Some days visualisation and bodhicitta comes easier

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

MatthewAngby wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:07 pm How come on some days when I do Practice, my visualisations are much more clearer without effort , and bodhicitta motivation is more or less very constant and comes up easier... but on some days, visualisation is rigid and hard, bodhicitta is not really strong ...

Thanks,
Matt
Bodhicitta becomes more stable as you cultivate it and develop equanimity. And, in my experience visualisations are clearer and less forced if I have a clear mind.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Josef

Post by Josef »

MatthewAngby wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:07 pm How come on some days when I do Practice, my visualisations are much more clearer without effort , and bodhicitta motivation is more or less very constant and comes up easier... but on some days, visualisation is rigid and hard, bodhicitta is not really strong ...

Thanks,
Matt
Lobsangs response is excellent.
I just wanted to add that our energy can contribute to these things as well. Paying attention to how we feel after certain activities, eating, drinking etc. can make our practice and mindfulness more precise.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
MatthewAngby

Post by MatthewAngby »

Josef wrote:Lobsangs response is excellent.
I just wanted to add that our energy can contribute to these things as well. Paying attention to how we feel after certain activities, eating, drinking etc. can make our practice and mindfulness more precise.
Lobsang Chojor wrote:
MatthewAngby wrote: How come on some days when I do Practice, my visualisations are much more clearer without effort , and bodhicitta motivation is more or less very constant and comes up easier... but on some days, visualisation is rigid and hard, bodhicitta is not really strong ...

Thanks,
Matt
Bodhicitta becomes more stable as you cultivate it and develop equanimity. And, in my experience visualisations are clearer and less forced if I have a clear mind.

Ok, yes I should be more positive and happy, was really happy yesterday so might be why.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”