What's a "pure tradition"?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
passel

Re: What's a "pure tradition"?

Post by passel »

How come no one can just admit that we’re all just doing the best we can with whatever tools we can find?
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

passel wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 am How come no one can just admit that we’re all just doing the best we can with whatever tools we can find?
Oh I’ll admit that alright. The question at hand is how to best appreciate, and therefore how to best utilize, the tools we have found in Dharma.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”