Amoghasiddhi Mantra?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Tenma

Amoghasiddhi Mantra?

Post by Tenma »

Anyone know the mantra or dharani of Amoghasiddhi? I am trying to tame my jealousy and envy among school rivals, but Akshobhya is the closest for quelling hatred.
Norwegian

Re: Amoghasiddhi Mantra?

Post by Norwegian »

Tenma wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 am Anyone know the mantra or dharani of Amoghasiddhi? I am trying to tame my jealousy and envy among school rivals, but Akshobhya is the closest for quelling hatred.
Try Lojong and Bodhicitta.

Without Bodhicitta, mantras are useless anyways.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Norwegian wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:12 am
Tenma wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 am Anyone know the mantra or dharani of Amoghasiddhi? I am trying to tame my jealousy and envy among school rivals, but Akshobhya is the closest for quelling hatred.

I've tried. Unfortunately, this has proven even more difficult than I thought and so far, I've had to depend on mantras to cope with it before beginning bodhicitta in order to make it more "effective." Akshobhya for anger has been helpful, but as recommended, I am trying to find Amoghasiddhi for jealousy(frankly, practicing tonglen hasn't been as strong as it was in the beginning, so yeah)
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Its good that y recognize these afflicted emotions. I
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Norwegian wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:12 am

I am aware. However, for me, bodhicitta seems to come up only if I am about to recite mantras or prayers. I'm afraid I'm still working on keeping it constant.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Good you try to do sth about it, but for example mani or tara mantra are enough. Tara saves us from 8 fears and also ourselves. But as was said above, doing lojong would be best. It goes to do root. Mantras do help but when just recited there is not much benefit. However doing it with bodhicitta and love and compassion. Then it is powerful. Why? Because compassion and love are the root. Take care of it and all good qualities will appear. So do lojong. It can be done without any transmission + there are many good books.

There is this video . I haven't seen it yet but Alan is great.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
fckw

Post by fckw »

Tenma

Post by Tenma »

fckw wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 pm You can find the mantra here: http://www.visiblemantra.org/amoghasiddhi.html
I am aware of that website. However, could you guide me to a dharani or sutra? I'm afraid I don't quite have full trust over the website.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

In any case empowerment and/or lung is required as it is tantra, not sutra.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Tenma wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:49 pm
fckw wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 pm You can find the mantra here: http://www.visiblemantra.org/amoghasiddhi.html
I am aware of that website. However, could you guide me to a dharani or sutra? I'm afraid I don't quite have full trust over the website.
Amoghasiddhi is vajrayana so you’d need an empowerment.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh. well that's a pity. Like how Amitabha's Mahayana mantra is "Namo Amitabha", can the same be done with "Namo Amoghasiddhi"? Or no and I should just stick to a Green Tara practice?
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

There is a tradition of reciting the Akshobhya dharani. I don't know where the dharani appears but Akshobhya does appear in sutra. Most people who are attracted to the practice will also report that they find that their anger and hatred gets reduced or eliminated.
Namo bhagavate Akṣhobhāya, tathāgatāyārhate
saṃyaksaṃbuddhyāya. Tadyathā:
Om kamkani kamkani, rochani rochani.
Trotani trotani. Trasani trasani. Pratihana pratihana.
Sarva karma param para nime
Sarva sattva nancha svaha.
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

kirtu wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm There is a tradition of reciting the Akshobhya dharani. I don't know where the dharani appears but Akshobhya does appear in sutra. Most people who are attracted to the practice will also report that they find that their anger and hatred gets reduced or eliminated.
Yes, I am aware of that. I have been experiencing those effects lately, but it still hasn't quite covered my envy entirely and it keeps growing, thus causing the anger to rise as well. My point is trying to destroy the source(or at least transform it) instead of constantly trying to keep up with its growth and destroying only the effects. That's why I was seeking the Amoghasiddhi practice. With the source being dealt with, then the anger and pride(this, I have tamed in a way, but am in the middle of processing) will cease.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Tenma wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Oh. well that's a pity. Like how Amitabha's Mahayana mantra is "Namo Amitabha", can the same be done with "Namo Amoghasiddhi"?
Reciting names of Buddhas is a sutra practice. "Namo Amoghasiddhi" should be fine....
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Oh. well that's a pity. Like how Amitabha's Mahayana mantra is "Namo Amitabha", can the same be done with "Namo Amoghasiddhi"? Or no and I should just stick to a Green Tara practice?
Green Tara is the best.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Green Tara is the best.
What about Ksitigarbha who is of the Karma family? Or he is only reserved for the dead and not other things like envy?
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Tenma wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:50 pm
kirtu wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm There is a tradition of reciting the Akshobhya dharani. I don't know where the dharani appears but Akshobhya does appear in sutra. Most people who are attracted to the practice will also report that they find that their anger and hatred gets reduced or eliminated.
Yes, I am aware of that. I have been experiencing those effects lately, but it still hasn't quite covered my envy entirely and it keeps growing, thus causing the anger to rise as well. My point is trying to destroy the source(or at least transform it) instead of constantly trying to keep up with its growth and destroying only the effects. That's why I was seeking the Amoghasiddhi practice. With the source being dealt with, then the anger and pride(this, I have tamed in a way, but am in the middle of processing) will cease.
Try getting your total body magnesium tested.I regular blood work up only measures
serum levels and that is only 1% of you total magnesium levels in your body.
You can get that test from this site.https://requestatest.com/
Stress depletes mag. so most of us are deficient.
You should really look up the symptoms of magnesium deficiency .
Of coarse check with your parents before adding any supplements to your diet.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Tenma wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Green Tara is the best.
What about Ksitigarbha who is of the Karma family? Or he is only reserved for the dead and not other things like envy?
Up to you.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Green Tara is the best.
I agree. Arya Tara is like a coach haha, so you must put things from your part. It is no magic.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Natan

Post by Natan »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Green Tara is the best.
I agree. Arya Tara is like a coach haha, so you must put things from your part. It is no magic.
It’s all magic.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”