Telekinesis and Sound

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Motova

Telekinesis and Sound

Post by Motova »

Is understanding sound intuitively the key to telekinesis?

Thank you.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Motova

Re: Telekinesis and Sound

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:19 pm Is understanding sound intuitively the key to telekinesis?

Thank you.
I ask this because it is at the center of perception, emotion and thought it seems. Furthermore, for Dharma to work it is assumed everyone is telekinetic (controlling their body from a point near the heart). Also, sound goes through the ears, but the sensation and emotion is at the heart. With sound one can bring about light and the other senses.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Motova wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:19 pm Is understanding sound intuitively the key to telekinesis?

Thank you.
I ask this because it is at the center of perception, emotion and thought it seems. Furthermore, for Dharma to work it is assumed everyone is telekinetic (controlling their body from a point near the heart). Also, sound goes through the ears, but the sensation and emotion is at the heart. With sound one can bring about light and the other senses.
I think in the Visuddhimagga the key to siddhis is vision, which makes sense because thinking in light is faster than sound. But then sound is just much more multi-functional. Vision is good for short term memory, but sound it seems is better for long term memory. I think if there is any space where the siddhis come from it's more likely to come from long term memory (sound) and be used by short term memory (light).
Motova

Post by Motova »

Motova wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:42 pm
Motova wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Thank you.
I think in the Visuddhimagga the key to siddhis is vision, which makes sense because thinking in light is faster than sound. But then sound is just much more multi-functional. Vision is good for short term memory, but sound it seems is better for long term memory. I think if there is any space where the siddhis come from it's more likely to come from long term memory (sound) and be used by short term memory (light).
You can bring about the other senses and emotion through vision but it is mostly very mechanical, but sound is special because the process is natural and primordial.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”