Question about getting to khechari,zangdok palri and Sukhavati?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Sukurun

Question about getting to khechari,zangdok palri and Sukhavati?

Post by Sukurun »

Every Night before I go to Bed I recite a aspiration prayer(All from lotsawa website) to be reborn in khechari;a aspiration to be reborn in zangdok palri and a aspiration for Sukhavati.I've heard before that Getting into any pureland outside of sukhavati is very hard if not impossible for people below a certain Bhumi.Could I better Just recite Nianfo and amitabha's aspiration prayer everyday or should I still incorporate the Aspirations to khechari and zangdok palri before I go to sleep every night?

I kind of thought that its best to put my eggs in different baskets so if I don't make it to one pure realm I can maybe other pure realm.

is it useless to pray everyday to go to khechari or lotus light realm and Would I go there if I pray to go there everyday or not?

I don't mind sticking to nianfo practice but I also Love guru Padmasambhava and Vajrayogini so much. :heart:

As soon as my mala beads come in I'm going to start reciting Nianfo everyday..up until now ive just been praying aspiration prayers.

I consider myself Vajrayana(In the sence that I believe its a Valid path to nirvana,and that its the highest vehicle) but I don't mind sticking to purelander practice.Both Schools are exquisetely beautiful ;however my main goal is to get to Sukhavati because I can't find a Guru due to physical limitations and I find it impossible to meditate So I really need to make it to a Pureland if I want to progress on this path.

Any Advice would be highly appreciated. :namaste:
DewachenVagabond

Re: Question about getting to khechari,zangdok palri and Sukhavati?

Post by DewachenVagabond »

Sukurun wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 am Every Night before I go to Bed I recite a aspiration prayer(All from lotsawa website) to be reborn in khechari;a aspiration to be reborn in zangdok palri and a aspiration for Sukhavati.I've heard before that Getting into any pureland outside of sukhavati is very hard if not impossible for people below a certain Bhumi.Could I better Just recite Nianfo and amitabha's aspiration prayer everyday or should I still incorporate the Aspirations to khechari and zangdok palri before I go to sleep every night?

I kind of thought that its best to put my eggs in different baskets so if I don't make it to one pure realm I can maybe other pure realm.

is it useless to pray everyday to go to khechari or lotus light realm and Would I go there if I pray to go there everyday or not?

I don't mind sticking to nianfo practice but I also Love guru Padmasambhava and Vajrayogini so much. :heart:

As soon as my mala beads come in I'm going to start reciting Nianfo everyday..up until now ive just been praying aspiration prayers.

I consider myself Vajrayana(In the sence that I believe its a Valid path to nirvana,and that its the highest vehicle) but I don't mind sticking to purelander practice.Both Schools are exquisetely beautiful ;however my main goal is to get to Sukhavati because I can't find a Guru due to physical limitations and I find it impossible to meditate So I really need to make it to a Pureland if I want to progress on this path.

Because of Amitabha's vows, his Pure Land is far easier to reach than the others. So I think the "place my eggs in different baskets" idea is misguided in this case. To put it simply: if you are unable to reach Sukhavati, you certainly will be unable to reach the others.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean you absolutely need to switch to Nianfo as an exclusive practice like Jodo Shu or Shinshu (I mean you definitely can if you want, but if you feel yourself pulled to Vajrayana, that might not be the ideal choice for you). You may be unable to meet a guru in person right now, but you call always practice Calling the Guru from Afar and wishing to meet one. You could also practice the Mani mantra, which would fit quite nicely alongside Nianfo. You could also try the online route-- lots of Tibetan Buddhist teachers offer resources and teachings, including live streams and empowerments, online. You could look up Garchen Rinpoche, Dharma Sun etc. Even if you are unable to do an involved and potentially physically intensive practice like ngondro, you could still connect with a guru, and you can practice Vajrayana more in the next life.

And just because you might go to Sukhavati doesn't mean you can't go to the others. I know this sounds like it contradicts what I said in the beginning about eggs in different baskets, but the thing is that from Sukhavati you will be able to go pretty much anywhere-- including other Pure Lands like Zangdok Palri. So just focus on going to Sukhavati and then you can go anywhere and meet all the teachers you want.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:
Sukurun

Post by Sukurun »

SonamTashi wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 am
Sukurun wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 am Every Night before I go to Bed I recite a aspiration prayer(All from lotsawa website) to be reborn in khechari;a aspiration to be reborn in zangdok palri and a aspiration for Sukhavati.I've heard before that Getting into any pureland outside of sukhavati is very hard if not impossible for people below a certain Bhumi.Could I better Just recite Nianfo and amitabha's aspiration prayer everyday or should I still incorporate the Aspirations to khechari and zangdok palri before I go to sleep every night?

Because of Amitabha's vows, his Pure Land is far easier to reach than the others. So I think the "place my eggs in different baskets" idea is misguided in this case. To put it simply: if you are unable to reach Sukhavati, you certainly will be unable to reach the others.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean you absolutely need to switch to Nianfo as an exclusive practice like Jodo Shu or Shinshu (I mean you definitely can if you want, but if you feel yourself pulled to Vajrayana, that might not be the ideal choice for you). You may be unable to meet a guru in person right now, but you call always practice Calling the Guru from Afar and wishing to meet one. You could also practice the Mani mantra, which would fit quite nicely alongside Nianfo. You could also try the online route-- lots of Tibetan Buddhist teachers offer resources and teachings, including live streams and empowerments, online. You could look up Garchen Rinpoche, Dharma Sun etc. Even if you are unable to do an involved and potentially physically intensive practice like ngondro, you could still connect with a guru, and you can practice Vajrayana more in the next life.

And just because you might go to Sukhavati doesn't mean you can't go to the others. I know this sounds like it contradicts what I said in the beginning about eggs in different baskets, but the thing is that from Sukhavati you will be able to go pretty much anywhere-- including other Pure Lands like Zangdok Palri. So just focus on going to Sukhavati and then you can go anywhere and meet all the teachers you want.
Thank you for your Advice.I will take it up and only recite Nianfo as my main practice.Thanks for the recommendations regarding vajrayama gurus!You are right;if I don't make it to sukhavati I won't make it to any other pureland.I also feel kind of better just sticking to Amitabha Practice for some reason.

:namaste:
haha

Post by haha »

Sukurun wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:47 am Any Advice would be highly appreciated. :namaste:
Being born in any pure land is based on directing the consciousness.
But, most of the pure land visa systems are more complex and it is difficulty to fulfill their criteria. :tongue:

There are few way to directing the consciousness: using sutra method, receiving required empowerment, or using yogic ways.

Even reading the sutras or watching the teachings would create auspicious connection; it is the nature of depending arising. You can find prayers to born in Copper Colour Mountain, too. There are many ways.
The Larger Sutra on Amitāyus
The Sutra on Contemplation of Amitāyus
The Smaller Sutra on Amitāyus

The Three Pure Land Sutras [dBET]

Meditation on Amitābha by Sakya Paṇḍita

Following some lines of the Prayer of Good Actions (bzang spyod smon lam), Sakya Paṇḍita here offers a simple visualisation centred upon Buddha Amitābha, to be practised each day before falling asleep in order to secure rebirth in the Sukhāvatī pure-land.

Sleeping Yoga instructions and teachings by His Holiness Sakya Trizin

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”