Four Mandala Offerings to Tara

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
rai

Re: Four Mandala Offerings to Tara

Post by rai » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:12 pm

I have an empowerment of Tara and lung for 21 Praises to Tara, would that be sufficient to do this practice? if so , where could i order/get the text?

heart

Post by heart » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:48 pm

rai wrote:I have an empowerment of Tara and lung for 21 Praises to Tara, would that be sufficient to do this practice? if so , where could i order/get the text?
Yes, but you would benefit a lot by also receiving the instructions for the practice and lung for the text. It should not be difficult to get, a lot of Lamas know this practice.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

rai

Post by rai » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:16 pm

heart wrote:
rai wrote:I have an empowerment of Tara and lung for 21 Praises to Tara, would that be sufficient to do this practice? if so , where could i order/get the text?
Yes, but you would benefit a lot by also receiving the instructions for the practice and lung for the text. It should not be difficult to get, a lot of Lamas know this practice.

/magnus

thank you, i am aiming to recieve the lung and instructions when possible.

rai

Post by rai » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:32 pm

i have found only one place where i could order the text - Namsebangdzo from US http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Green_Tara_ ... /10132.htm . do you know of any place in europe? i also have found one in pdf format, translated by Lama Drimed but i am not sure if it is the right one.

heart

Post by heart » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 pm

rai wrote:
i have found only one place where i could order the text - Namsebangdzo from US http://www.namsebangdzo.com/Green_Tara_ ... /10132.htm . do you know of any place in europe? i also have found one in pdf format, translated by Lama Drimed but i am not sure if it is the right one.
This is the correct text.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

rai

Post by rai » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 pm

heart wrote:
rai wrote:
This is the correct text.

/magnus
you mean the pdf by Lama Drimed? thanks!

WeiHan

Post by WeiHan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:57 pm

I also want a copy of Lama Drimed translation. Thanks!

Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Post by Reibeam » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Konchog1 wrote:What do you do if animals don't eat the torma after you put it out?

its funny I have the opposite problem. I live way in the mountains and there are bears everywhere, got be really careful where the offerings go. Been thinking of building a poll that has a telescoping plate that I can put 30' in the air. so the birds can get to it, but not the bears. Magnus is right, offerings make you very popular among the birds.......especially crows and ravens.

heart

Post by heart » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:24 pm

rai wrote:
No, the namsebangdzo text. I don't know the other one.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

rai

Post by rai » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 pm

heart wrote:
rai wrote:
No, the namsebangdzo text. I don't know the other one.

/magnus
ok, clear now : ) thank you again Magnus!

WeiHan

Post by WeiHan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:31 pm

Yesterday, I attended an empowerment and someone I knew told me that there is a rediscovered Green Tara terma by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo which is in the category of Mahayoga. It is something new to me. can someone be kind enough to share more info about this Green Tara?

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:53 pm

There are several different versions of the Four Mandala Offering to Tara of varying lengths and complexities. Talk Sang-ngak Rinpoche gave Jigme Lingpa's version this last weekend at Tara Mandala. He said it was the longest of these (that He knew of). For the wang, He gave Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo's rediscovered Tara terma wang. In Longchen Nyingthig, the 21 Taras practice is a lay-jor under Yum-ka De-chen Gyal-mo. It does not have a wang of its own. Since a wang had been advertised, this why, I think, Tulku Sang-ngak gave the Khyentse Wangpo wang.

BTW, Tulku Sang-ngak said He thought that Tara Mandala was the most beautiful Tara lha-khang in the world.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”