Illuminating Quotes by Malcolm Namdrol-la

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
smcj

Re: Illuminating Quotes by Malcolm Namdrol-la

Post by smcj »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:35 pm
smcj wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:25 pm
Malcolm wrote:That's because you can't produce a sūtra passage which says this; though certainly in the tantras you can find passages which _seem_ to say things like this; but they cannot be taken literally, nor are they meant to taken literally. Well, because, tantras.
Okay, so the tantras do say it, but they don’t mean it.

Got it.
Some tantras make such statements, but they are not literal statements, they are interpretable statements, defined as such in the tantras themselves, as well as their commentarial literature.

But you will never find such statements in the sūtras.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34001
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:59 pm All buddhas have the same realization, the dharmakāya. This means the source of all teachings of the buddhas can be considered to have a single source, buddhahood. But since there are infinite buddhas, there are infinite causes and conditions which leads to their buddhahood. Those infinite causes and conditions make it possible for them to teach infinite sentient beings in all dimensions.
---> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=34024

Thank You Malcolm
Rick

Post by Rick »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:05 am The study of tenet systems should reduce your concepts. Not increase them.
Rick wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:02 pm What would I be without my beloved concepts?
Malcolm wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:19 pm Awakened.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”