Everybody speaks about samaya, but nobody knows what it is.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
WeiHan

Re: Everybody speaks about samaya, but nobody knows what it is.

Post by WeiHan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:21 am

Everybody speaks about pure perception, but nobody knows what it is.

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:56 am

Vasana wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:34 am
I actually think it would be better to have a samaya 101 thread, lock it and then disallow further samaya threads.
This is an exceedingly :good: and would also limit the potential for inadvertent breaches of samaya by talking about samaya. As well as the endless repetition of the topic. There's enough material in this thread alone to provide a 101.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 pm

PeterC wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:56 am
Vasana wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:34 am
I actually think it would be better to have a samaya 101 thread, lock it and then disallow further samaya threads.
This is an exceedingly :good: and would also limit the potential for inadvertent breaches of samaya by talking about samaya. As well as the endless repetition of the topic. There's enough material in this thread alone to provide a 101.
Maybe we can stick this thread, so it is always at the top of the sub-forum. If people believe it is valuable.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

weitsicht

Post by weitsicht » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:20 pm

I endorse the idea of sticking this thread.
Unfortunately good content intertwines with blabber and junk, doesn't make it read easily.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”