lung

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
naljor

lung

Post by naljor » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Can you consider as transmission practice done with teacher during retreat (like prayer, sang )
without formally getting the lung?

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: lung

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:10 pm

I have heard that it is a form of transmission so I guess that yes.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:16 pm

IME, in Tibetan monasteries, for many, many prayers and practices, the only lung is doing the practice with the Teacher and everyone else.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

tranides

Post by tranides » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 pm

i think its important to know is that practice together in fact IS a lung. so if u are unsure its best to ask a teacher. i believe lung requires both sides to agree on the process.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:11 pm

pemachophel wrote:IME, in Tibetan monasteries, for many, many prayers and practices, the only lung is doing the practice with the Teacher and everyone else.

Always wondered if this was so, thanks.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”