The Dog's Tooth.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
gb9810

Re: The Dog's Tooth.

Post by gb9810 »

Tenma wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:31 am
gb9810 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:12 am
Tenma wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:52 am
Perhaps we do, perhaps we don't. Why care? Just questioning that's all.
if one has not actually realized the equality of all sounds, then curses and mantra and such are NOT the same, so one should care. Same for listeners or receivers of sounds and actions. "it's all equal ultimately" does not imply therefore one can do/say whatever one wants to people who have no ultimate realization of the equality of actions/sounds. Just answering your original question that's all...
Not quite, having faith in it can lead to enlightenment. I remember one story about a crazy yogi who was asked for a mantra, and the yogi gave swear words to the person who reached enlightenment through faith in this "mantra"
sure; if one is able to see swear words beyond being swear words, such as out of faith, one can break free from the typical karmic imprints they generate. i.e. swear words become equal to whatever else the yogi could have given him/her. One could say, the receiver indeed saw the equality of swear words and all sounds, as in, all equal to the mantra from the guru. So, it could be a special case of "seeing all sounds (given by the guru) as equal" :)
MalaBeads

Re: The Dog's Tooth.

Post by MalaBeads »

Tenma wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:41 pm But aren't all sounds one and the same? I mean, what's the point of correct pronunciation if all sound is the same? Couldn't you just use swear words instead of mantras? Makes things easier and understandable,especially if you want to be free from samsara.

Until you actually realize it, all sounds are not the same. Just to have an intellectual understanding and to say all sounds are the same is not sufficient. Realization is important.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”