Does this Vajrasattva practice require empowerment/initiation by a lama?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
KiwiNFLFan

Does this Vajrasattva practice require empowerment/initiation by a lama?

Post by KiwiNFLFan »

I came across this book on the Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive shop: Daily Purification: A Short Vajrasattva Practice. I would like to give this a try but I don't know if it's appropriate for me to do as I haven't had any initiation or empowerment from a lama. What do you think?
Mantrik
Former staff member

Re: Does this Vajrasattva practice require empowerment/initiation by a lama?

Post by Mantrik »

You need to ask them (FPMT?) .
Only the Lama himself or appointed representatives can give you the correct answer.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Instruction from LZR himself and other FPMT teachers; this is fine for daily practice, but
you can not visualize yourself as the deity (really any deities) without having received a Great initiation (HYT).
In this case you are to visualize the deity in front and carry on with the rest of the practice.

Shaun :namaste:
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

Of course a connection is better. If you feel lama Zopa touch you, inspire you, you can also feed the idea Vajrasattva is the Guru principle which is also lama Zopa and lama Yeshe.

Then it feeds the connection, and through them, once you connect to the tree of lineage, you realise all true gurus are one (even thought they may have drastic differences in form).

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”