Damaru. Can i make one?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
jet.urgyen

Damaru. Can i make one?

Post by jet.urgyen »

Well, after too much pursuit of ritual instrunents finally i met a friend andvajra brother who can make drums and crafts like that.

He already made a dakini drum, or at least is the drum we have here in the sangha.

Now to the point: whe can i find directions on all the machig damaru details? We want to make some because here we are at least 5 practitioners studying and training in chod.

Anyway, this is non commercial, so i u derstand if directions are sent through pm.

🔍
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
diamind

Re: Damaru. Can i make one?

Post by diamind »

maybe you can make one. Just don't make it wrong. :shock:
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

diamind wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 pm maybe you can make one. Just don't make it wrong. :shock:
Yeah!

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
diamind

Post by diamind »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 pm
diamind wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 pm maybe you can make one. Just don't make it wrong. :shock:
Yeah!
Really I have no idea. I just know if you use the wrong materials with a traditional one it has the opposite effective. Reverse blessings not only for you...but your whole country! So probably something you don't want to mess around with.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

diamind wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 pm
Yeah!
Really I have no idea. I just know if you use the wrong materials with a traditional one it has the opposite effective. Reverse blessings not only for you...but your whole country! So probably something you don't want to mess around with.
Something to deal with, it's for chöd practice

Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

Reversed effect for oneself and one's country ? I don't buy that.

In India it is said also : if you don't prononciate exactly your prayers, you will have bad luck and adverse effects. Then, we (the priests) are the only one who can pray for you.

I find that terribly wrong, and by the way, not supported by my experience and the experience also of many people. It's bullshit used to take the power from you.
Rroman

Post by Rroman »

I have a very good quality damaru i got made in Nepal for sale. it is natural skin, not painted. 10in. pm if your interested. i can send you pics

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”