Question about removing christian/etc. baptism

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Soma999

Re: Question about removing christian/etc. baptism

Post by Soma999 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Baptism won't bite you, i don't think your baptism will be angry if you live your life.

Take that as a blessing, and it will works as a blessing.

Why bring division ? It has been done out of love for you, the priest certainly did it with sincerity. It's not a curse. You have not been dommed. You did not enter a satanic church. Relax.

Now you go on with your life, and you believe what you want. You are free. The chains are in your mind. You believe you are bound but you are free. Decide to be free and that's it. No matter what anyone may say.

javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:04 pm

Soma999 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 pm
Baptism won't bite you, i don't think your baptism will be angry if you live your life.

Why bring division ? It has been done out of love for you, the priest certainly did it with sincerity. It's not a curse. You have not been dommed. You did not enter a satanic church. Relax.

Now you go on with your life, and you believe what you want. You are free. The chains are in your mind. You believe you are bound but you are free. Decide to be free and that's it. No matter what anyone may say.
Regarding preferences: colors.

This is not about rejecting christianism, i do respect them, i'm just not following them.

This is about what a ritual can imprint a little more deep in mind, particulary when a whole life is lived in a society that reinforces the fundament of that ritual, which in this case is ethernalism.

Main point is then what i'm taking from granted, and then why it is an obstacle. I found myself studying buddhism from a ethernalistic point of view! Hahah

Harimoo

Post by Harimoo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:15 pm

In the Dzogchen Community, some SMS instructors consider you can have Jesus in your Guru Yoga amongst your gurus. :meditate:

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm

Soma999 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Why bring division ? It has been done out of love for you, the priest certainly did it with sincerity. It's not a curse. You have not been doomed. You did not enter a satanic church. Relax.
:good:
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Harimoo wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:15 pm
In the Dzogchen Community, some SMS instructors consider you can have Jesus in your Guru Yoga amongst your gurus. :meditate:

:jawdrop:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

heart

Post by heart » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:05 pm

Harimoo wrote:
In what Guru Yoga would that be?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Harimoo wrote:
Ok. But i don't consider him -jesus- even important in my life.

However ChNN says "yes, jesus is total enlightwnes being", that might be the reason some Sms instructors say so.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”