Best book on the Bardo Thodöl or Death in general

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
lelopa

Re: Best book on the Bardo Thodöl or Death in general

Post by lelopa »

mechashivaz wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:21 pm
Tiago Simões wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm What's the one you would recommend to gain more knowledge on death and dying?
Robert Thurman has one I found very informative: The Great Book of Natural Liberation Through Understanding in the Between. There's also a companion lecture on audible: Liberation Upon Hearing in the Between.
it contains some shortcomings & mistakes
Lost In Transmission
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

lelopa wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 am
Tiago Simões wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm What's the one you would recommend to gain more knowledge on death and dying?
Robert Thurman has one I found very informative: The Great Book of Natural Liberation Through Understanding in the Between. There's also a companion lecture on audible: Liberation Upon Hearing in the Between.
Tashi delek L,

Can you tell me, some more about these mistakes / shortcomings ?
The best meditation is no meditation
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:32 pm
The best description of the death process can be found in ChNN's Birth, Life, and Death. It is the clearest and most profound resource in English.
Arrived today. It is short but incredibly dense and will take me a long time to absorb. Thanks for the recommendation. :)
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

kalden yungdrung wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:23 pm
lelopa wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 am

Tashi delek L,

Can you tell me, some more about these mistakes / shortcomings ?
as far as i remeber f.e.: in the section about the practice the mantra of the wrathful herukas & the mantra of the peaceful buddhas are described and translated horribly wrong
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”