Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Sennin wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:11 pmrefuge
I wouldn't doubt that happening......if it hasn't already.....she could of done that already
.....she's just trying to assimilate the cultures to form a bond I think...
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

PeterC wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 pm
liuzg150181 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:50 am
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:11 am Well...what does all this actually mean then ???

https://www.generosity.com/community-fu ... y-possible

They are high on weed? :rolleye:
It doesn’t really have to mean anything

If their great revelation was that the earth faces a man-made environmental apocalypse then they need to do a little better, that level of insight is available to anyone who can read a newspaper

As to whether one should spend time and effort figuring out the legitimacy of a practitioner of ersatz pan-African spirituality as an oracle for a Dharma-affiliated spirit...that falls solidly into the “life’s too short” category
Abit too new-agey for my taste.
liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:27 pm
conebeckham wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:40 pm You'd think this event would also be publicised in prominent Tibetan news papers, websites, etc. Also Indian news sources....

:shrug:

I haven't investigated that yet..but it would of popped up in other Google searches. ...
Unless it's total and complete fabrication, in which case legit media would steer clear. :shrug:
I doubt this is a fabrication, and frankly, I do not suspect the people involved of running a con. Their motivation seems sincere. They just know very little about the trance medium tradition in Tibet, they know almost nothing of Tibetan Buddhism in general, and they certainly do not understand the concept of worldly entities being emanations, or messengers, or servants, of awakened beings. So, with that in mind, we should be a little gentle with these people.
:good:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

conebeckham wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:40 pm You'd think this event would also be publicised in prominent Tibetan news papers, websites, etc. Also Indian news sources....

:shrug:

I haven't investigated that yet..but it would of popped up in other Google searches. ...
Unless it's total and complete fabrication, in which case legit media would steer clear. :shrug:
I doubt this is a fabrication, and frankly, I do not suspect the people involved of running a con. Their motivation seems sincere. They just know very little about the trance medium tradition in Tibet, they know almost nothing of Tibetan Buddhism in general, and they certainly do not understand the concept of worldly entities being emanations, or messengers, or servants, of awakened beings. So, with that in mind, we should be a little gentle with these people.
Fair enough.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

What on earth are the Nechung Kuten and a supposedly experienced Lama both doing then?
Either they know this is nonsense and are supporting it or, following your point, they don't know enough about TB to know it is nonsense. The third option is that the Kuten was a bit casual about such things , and the Lama deluded or willing to exploit the new age spiritual marketplace this way. Which version do you favour?

Either way, I'm not sure being gentle is going to eradicate the exploitation of saviour-seeking new agers.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Mantrik wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pm
Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:27 pmI doubt this is a fabrication, and frankly, I do not suspect the people involved of running a con. Their motivation seems sincere. They just know very little about the trance medium tradition in Tibet, they know almost nothing of Tibetan Buddhism in general, and they certainly do not understand the concept of worldly entities being emanations, or messengers, or servants, of awakened beings. So, with that in mind, we should be a little gentle with these people.
What on earth are the Nechung Kuten and a supposedly experienced Lama both doing then?
Either they know this is nonsense and are supporting it or, following your point, they don't know enough about TB to know it is nonsense. The third option is that the Kuten was a bit casual about such things , and the Lama deluded or willing to exploit the new age spiritual marketplace this way. Which version do you favour?

Either way, I'm not sure being gentle is going to eradicate the exploitation of saviour-seeking new agers.

Enough talk, it's pitchfork time, lads!
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

It certainly wouldnt be the first time a "supposedly experienced lama" didnt know enough about the dharma to recognize something as nonsense.
I once met a geshe who thought huffing gas wasnt a health risk, because he liked the smell and was also completely clueless about core practices in his own lineage. He now runs a prominent dharma center.

This is all a game of dress up. People like this are always going to be around, and it's up to us to choose how to make our own choices.
Unfortunately, the spiritual community will always be populated by the insincere, uninformed, and often malicious.
These folks are probably well-intended but under informed.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

It is not our job to condition other people.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm
Mantrik wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pmWhat on earth are the Nechung Kuten and a supposedly experienced Lama both doing then?

Aren't you conditioning Mantrik by saying this? Image
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 pm
Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm
Mantrik wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pmWhat on earth are the Nechung Kuten and a supposedly experienced Lama both doing then?

He is quite free to do as he wishes. What I am referring to is the inevitable campaign to route out people of whom we disapprove. If I was into that, I would start with you. But, then, who would post irrelevancies and cute nothings to challenge our patience?
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:51 pm
Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pmIt is not our job to condition other people.

He is quite free to do as he wishes. What I am referring to is the inevitable campaign to route out people of whom we disapprove. If I was into that, I would start with you. But, then, who would post irrelevancies and cute nothings to challenge our patience?

Hey, now you're conditioning me!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 pm
Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:51 pm

That is not possible, you are like the Id of Dharmawheel gone amuck.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 am
dzogchungpa wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 pm
Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:51 pmHe is quite free to do as he wishes. What I am referring to is the inevitable campaign to route out people of whom we disapprove. If I was into that, I would start with you. But, then, who would post irrelevancies and cute nothings to challenge our patience?

That is not possible, you are like the Id of Dharmawheel gone amuck.

Now, now, Malcolm, an ad hom? A bit infra dig don't you think?
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

(Repeat post, Please delete)
Last edited by Sonam Wangchug on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

(repeat post, Please delete)
Last edited by Sonam Wangchug on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Keep in mind, that this women not only claims that she is a Medium for Mamaki.

For those who have no listened to her podcast...

She also claims that she channeled Oshun,and it was Oshun who told her that she (oshun) and mamaki are exactly the same being, but by different names.
(Devotees of Oshun sacrifice)

She has gone on to say that all the various female divinities are the same, but going by different names in different cultures. Names she mentioned, Durga, kali, lakshmi, Troma ngagmo (She pronounced it nga-ga-mo)

She said that many of the wisdom traditions stem from Africa but that Oshun told her the narrative of their origin has become corrupted, She even said "A majority of the protector's are actually black'

She went on to say that an Egyptian god taught the same thing as the four noble truths but called it something different.

She also said Jesus, and Ganesh were of the same essence.

She claimed that Kuten la claimed that oshun and mamaki were exactly the same (A claim which she has not substantiated)

In other words ...

A hot mess. :crazy:
Last edited by Sonam Wangchug on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 am She also said Jesus, and Ganesh were of the same essence.
I, for one, am all in favor of a black Jesus with an Elephant’s head. I feel the world can only be made better by this.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

PeterC wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 am
Sonam Wangchug wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 am She also said Jesus, and Ganesh were of the same essence.
I, for one, am all in favor of a black Jesus with an Elephant’s head. I feel the world can only be made better by this.
You will be first in the noble retinue of Oshun/Mamaki / Black jesus with an elephant head Yab yum
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:40 am
PeterC wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 am
You will be first in the noble retinue of Oshun/Mamaki / Black jesus with an elephant head Yab yum
:twothumbsup:
Just imagine what will happen when this lady learns about the terma tradition. Endless potential there...

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”