Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
dzogchungpa

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Post by dzogchungpa »

Lhasa wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:23 am
dzogchungpa wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:20 am
Lhasa wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 amSo THANK YOU all for keeping this thread going, it has helped me to remember. :bow: :anjali: :bow: :group:

In all seriousness, I think the lion's share of the credit should go to me for having started the thread.
You got it!! :cheers:

:thanks: :hug:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Lhasa wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:31 am
amanitamusc wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:24 am

Why would you want to be reminded of such things?

Purification...somethings aren't over until you deal with them...like with a phurba.
I see. :thumbsup:
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 am Then I don't really see your point
I wasn't really trying to make a point....just to correct a misunderstanding...

PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 am you were choosing to denigrate those who have experience and knowledge on this topic in
Well.... i haven't been convinced yet that she is a total fraud. I wish i could just know the absolute truth. If someone has experience and knowledge of this subject they could prove to me one way or another. And i could accept that.

PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 am Honestly, what do you think climate scientists - and not just them, a whole ecosystem of people working on remediation technologies, sustainability, recycling, even geoengineering - spend their time doing? Do you have much knowledge yourself of what they work on? These are in many cases highly specialized careers that require decades of study to make a contribution, and many of the people working in these fields are academic researchers who really don't get paid much and get very little recognition for their work. How do you think they would feel if they read comments like this?

Then what are they waiting for ?
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 pm
conebeckham wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 pm I find this whole idea of the recognition of Yeye to be contrived--I'll allow that there may be good motivations, perhaps, but in the end so much of this is just speculative and "wrong." I mean, really, "dreams coinciding"---this sort of thing is easily fabricated, and impossible to objectively ascertain. It tests credulity.
Yet.. SHE had the KARMA to meet him, and discuss their dreams ....and HE was convinced enough that SHE IS THE emanation of Mamaki...and took ONE year to prepare for this elaborate thing....don't you think something could have or would have stopped this if it wasn't valid ? Do you think the Oracle of Tibet is ignorant ?
Ummm, there is only one person reporting this, herself, and given her other statements online which clearly show she has no understanding at all of what Tibetan Buddhism is and what "emanation" means...well, you put two and two together. After all, what do we know, we are just a bunch of white colonial oppressors trying to keep the indigenous people down...
What got me in her post which is now taken down was she equivocated any criticism of her recognition as a Buddha as being a result of underlying white supremacy. As if there isn't a plentitude of genuine reasons not remotely related to racism why her claim to being the first female Buddha in modern history might be questionable. She took that post down, so maybe she had a moment of reflection.

And fyi, according to Wikipedia, only white people aka dominant cultures can be guilty of cultural appropriation. :shrug:
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

https://books.google.com/books?id=DbxE8 ... ss&f=false

according to this...they (Mamaki)....etc.....are not to be considered Tathagata (Prajñā ) Buddhas....so sounds like the emanation is not really of a Buddha ...but of the element (water) ? Does that mean she's turning into a drip now ? :crying:

Maybe Malcolm can explain this part better....I wish he would...

TharpaChodron wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:16 am What got me in her post which is now taken down was she equivocated any criticism of her recognition as a Buddha as being a result of underlying white supremacy.
Yes...but i can understand why she would react like that....and i can't blame her....she is only human...
PeterC

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omilf

Post by PeterC »

Kaung wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 pm
Yet.. SHE had the KARMA to meet him, and discuss their dreams ....and HE was convinced enough that SHE IS THE emanation of Mamaki...and took ONE year to prepare for this elaborate thing....don't you think something could have or would have stopped this if it wasn't valid ? Do you think the Oracle of Tibet is ignorant ?
I’d reconsider if I hear about that from the Nechung Kuten himself.But at this rate,all the learned and accomplished Panditas at DW can claim that they had a vision of the mandala of the black dakini Oshun-Mamaki in union with elephant-headed black ganapati-Jesus :woohoo: Btw,if such a practice existed,I’d pay an arm and a leg to receive the empowerment. :rolling:
I would go to the empowerment. For entertainment value alone it would be unmissable. And after all, there's no possible risk of having samaya with the vajra master...
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:15 am
PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 am Honestly, what do you think climate scientists - and not just them, a whole ecosystem of people working on remediation technologies, sustainability, recycling, even geoengineering - spend their time doing? Do you have much knowledge yourself of what they work on? These are in many cases highly specialized careers that require decades of study to make a contribution, and many of the people working in these fields are academic researchers who really don't get paid much and get very little recognition for their work. How do you think they would feel if they read comments like this?

Then what are they waiting for ?
I'm getting the feeling that there really isn't a way forward in this discussion...
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:55 am I'm getting the feeling that there really isn't a way forward in this discussion...
I don't like to beat around the bush....
The fact of the matter is....the world is falling apart...what are they waiting for ???????????
To get the ok from politicians ?
To get the ok from the Bilderberg's ?
cyril

Post by cyril »

TharpaChodron wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:16 am

What got me in her post which is now taken down was she equivocated any criticism of her recognition as a Buddha as being a result of underlying white supremacy. As if there isn't a plentitude of genuine reasons not remotely related to racism why her claim to being the first female Buddha in modern history might be questionable. She took that post down, so maybe she had a moment of reflection.

And fyi, according to Wikipedia, only white people aka dominant cultures can be guilty of cultural appropriation. :shrug:
But of course. How come Medvedev can be White Tara but she cannot be Mamaki?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/60986 ... ddess.html

Medvedev is not even female, goddamit (unless there are details I am not aware of)! That's simply white male privilege! :tantrum:
"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

@PeterC..

I actually believe we CAN fix all the problems in this world (environmental)....but there is something stopping it...and i think it's politics . There's a lot of money to be made in all of the industry that is polluting the world....the end of pollution would be the end of power and money for those in control....all of the hard working scientist's, and environmentalists, can only go so far....
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:59 am
PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:55 am I'm getting the feeling that there really isn't a way forward in this discussion...
The fact of the matter is....the world is falling apart...what are they waiting for ???????????
Who is "they" in this sentence? If you mean scientists working on this - I'm guessing you don't know any of them and are not familiar with the enormous amount of work being done.

You clearly don't mean politicians, because you highlight them as a separate group, but that is the origin of the delay, and it's US politicians more than any other country
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

cyril wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 am

Medvedev is not even female, goddamit (unless there are details I am not aware of)! That's simply white male privilege! :tantrum:
Don't get me wrong. I think white supremacy, racism and white male privelege exist. I just don't believe it relates to everything in the world, namely this. ;)
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 am
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:59 am
Who is "they" in this sentence? If you mean scientists working on this - I'm guessing you don't know any of them and are not familiar with the enormous amount of work being done.

You clearly don't mean politicians, because you highlight them as a separate group, but that is the origin of the delay, and it's US politicians more than any other country

No, i don't KNOW any of them personally...i made a big sweeping generalization...but yes...i can't imagine how hard the work is, and how dedicated those that really care about change are trying to do something....

When i say politicians...that was another generalization....

It's just very sad that the people that work so hard to make this world a better place....can only go so far...until some bigger and more powerful force prevents that from happening...and it's usually in the name of power and greed...
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

It's also not very culturally appropriate: why can't they have Russia-specific yidams? If Horus can be repurposed as an Afro-Tibetan yidam, surely there must be Russian equivalents. Bear-headed dakinis? Chenrezig holding a hammer and a sickle seated on a red star? Guru yoga of Rasputin in union with a bottle of vodka?
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 am ...............................

Guru yoga of Rasputin in union with a bottle of vodka?
:rolleye:
I wanna see this Thangka!!!
Lost In Transmission
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 am
Bear-headed dakinis?

[/quote]

I think they exist :shrug:
cyril

Post by cyril »

It's also not very culturally appropriate: why can't they have Russia-specific yidams? If Horus can be repurposed as an Afro-Tibetan yidam, surely there must be Russian equivalents. Bear-headed dakinis? Chenrezig holding a hammer and a sickle seated on a red star? Guru yoga of Rasputin in union with a bottle of vodka?
I think that would be Heruka Abramovich.
"From emptiness, appears the seed-syllable SCAM which transforms into Dorje Abramovich, the master of illusion. He is dressed in the colors of Chelsea Football Club and controls all that appears."
The rest is in the sadhana book...
"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

:rolling:
cyril wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:33 am
I think that would be Heruka Abramovich.
"From emptiness, appears the seed-syllable SCAM which transforms into Dorje Abramovich, the master of illusion. He is dressed in the colors of Chelsea Football Club and controls all that appears."
The rest is in the sadhana book...
:rolling:
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Dear lord! What's next? The great master Guru Leninche who brought forth the teachings to Russia?
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Such ignorance. Buddha of the Purity of Water - hah!

Mamaki, as anyone from Hawaii ca tell you, is a plant goddess, like Tulsi.

She makes wonderful tea, apparently, but can get a bit rough when a bush is touched, so clearly unsuitable for a Trump to cultivate.

If people want a career as a New Age Guru (and Vajrayana is full of possibilities) just trawl through Rigpawiki and find a Buddha or Dharmapala nobody has already claimed, and then just pay someone for 'recognition' as the unique conduit to the blessings. Then and only then go out and buy a funky hat.

So in the interests of fairness I claim Raven-headed Mahakala, Kamukha, as my own for this lifetime and I'm willing to bung any Lama £50 to recognise me as a Tulku and Kuten of this Dharmapala Yidam. Yes, tat tvam asi will be the new cult's motto...whatever it means.

These days, any Dharmapala can also be a Yidam and simultaneously have an Oracle.....you just call them a 'Wisdom Being' and fudge the awkward bits. I'm a bit worried though....I fell out with a fake Wisdom Being once and was compelled to put the statue upside down in the dogshit composter, just so I could share the good karma with the dog. Was that wrong, or should I just have made do with some grandiose posturing about some social or environmental cause? :sage:
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”