Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Kaung

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Post by Kaung »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 am
So in the interests of fairness I claim Raven-headed Mahakala, Kamukha, as my own for this lifetime
Sorry mate,Tulku Urgyen’s father already has that title.If I’m not wrong :thinking:
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Kaung wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:56 am
PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 am
Bear-headed dakinis?
I think they exist :shrug:
[/quote]

Only after ordination...
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

cyril wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:33 am
PeterC wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:36 am
It's also not very culturally appropriate: why can't they have Russia-specific yidams? If Horus can be repurposed as an Afro-Tibetan yidam, surely there must be Russian equivalents. Bear-headed dakinis? Chenrezig holding a hammer and a sickle seated on a red star? Guru yoga of Rasputin in union with a bottle of vodka?
I think that would be Heruka Abramovich.
"From emptiness, appears the seed-syllable SCAM which transforms into Dorje Abramovich, the master of illusion. He is dressed in the colors of Chelsea Football Club and controls all that appears."
The rest is in the sadhana book...
"From this time until extradition I and all solvent oligarchs take refuge in the Cypriot banking system..."
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Kaung wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:10 am
So in the interests of fairness I claim Raven-headed Mahakala, Kamukha, as my own for this lifetime
Sorry mate,Tulku Urgyen’s father already has that title.If I’m not wrong :thinking:
Well he could always poison him, or throw him off a roof, and then take over the title....
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Grigoris wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 am
Kaung wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:10 am
Well he could always poison him, or throw him off a roof, and then take over the title....
Gotcha - the acid test for a Raven is to see if he can fly off a rooftop, and the water goddess gets the ducking stool?
Seriously, I must try harder to find a dead Lama I can insist granted me Tulku and lineage holder status a few years ago and a really obscure deity to call my own, 'mindfully' of course. I've got Belenos all to myself in case the Tibetan thingy doesn't attract enough dosh in Glastonbury.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Are their different types/categories of Buddhas ?

Would Elemental Buddhas be in a different category than Sakyamuni Buddha ?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:11 pm Are their different types/categories of Buddhas ?

When we talk about "Elemental Buddhas" we're talking about High Tantra, and I don't think we can have much public discussion about this topic.

Really, when you say "Buddha" you are talking about Enlightenment. Sakyamuni was Nirmanakaya, Buddha in Human Form. There is also Samboghakaya and Dharmakaya. The Five Buddha Families are really Sambhoghakaya representations, like all deities.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

conebeckham wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:23 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:11 pm Are their different types/categories of Buddhas ?

When we talk about "Elemental Buddhas" we're talking about High Tantra, and I don't think we can have much public discussion about this topic.

Really, when you say "Buddha" you are talking about Enlightenment. Sakyamuni was Nirmanakaya, Buddha in Human Form. There is also Samboghakaya and Dharmakaya. The Five Buddha Families are really Sambhoghakaya representations, like all deities.
Ok...what type of Buddha is Mamaki. ?
What category ?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 pm
conebeckham wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Ok...what type of Buddha is Mamaki. ?
What category ?
It depends on what system of Tantra one is practicing, Kunga Lhadzom. Basically, Mamaki is a female Sambhogakaya manifestation symbolizing the element of water, or earth.....usually she is in union with the male Buddha of her family. Different tantras, and different lineages, have various different systems of explaining all this. It really means nothing, though, unless one is actively engaged in practice using these systems.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

conebeckham wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 pm really means nothing, though, unless one is actively engaged in practice using these systems.
Is that why everyone is so upset....because they are not familiar with this ?
I can see now why it hasn't been widely publicized. ..with just a little publicity, a lot of negative reactions.

I wonder how the Tibetan community will recieve her.

I'm looking forward to the documentary.

Thank you Cone.... :anjali:
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:57 pm
conebeckham wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 pm really means nothing, though, unless one is actively engaged in practice using these systems.
Is that why everyone is so upset....because they are not familiar with this ?
I can see now why it hasn't been widely publicized. ..with just a little publicity, a lot of negative reactions.

I wonder how the Tibetan community will recieve her.

I'm looking forward to the documentary.

Thank you Cone.... :anjali:
1. Nobody seems upset. You may want to ask why you perceive it to be so.
2. People DO understand and are commenting because this is obviously likely to be dodgy.
3. It HAS been widely publicised - they want to sell this in the new age marketplace. That's how we know. They are probably aware that people have noticed the nonsense as they have withdrawn some of it.
4. The Tibetan Community won't need to receive her - why would they? She has what she needs. The target market is saviour-seekers in the spiritual marketplace.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Is that why everyone is so upset.
No one is upset but you. And you are being entirely too credulous.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:52 pm
No one is upset by you. And you are being entirely too credulous.
I didn't mean upset by me...I ment upset about this woman & what she is advertising about herself. .....i don't see it as a new age scam. ..I actually believe this is legit.
It took a year to prepare for this.
The photos. ...
Also there will be a documentary about this comming out soon....

I know there are scams like this a dime a dozen...but i feel in my heart this is not a scam....
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 pm

I didn't mean upset by me...I ment upset about this woman & what she is advertising about herself. .....i don't see it as a new age scam. ..I actually believe this is legit.
The photos. ...

I know there are scams like this a dime a dozen...but i feel in my heart this is not a scam....

KL, the depth of this person's lack of understanding is colossal. She is claiming that a BLOODTHIRSTY, MUNDANE, SAMSARIC WATER SPIRIT IS A BUDDHA. If you don't understand how utterly mistaken this is...and let's not even get into the rest of her so-called "research."

Further, animals are sacrificed to Oshun, water animals in particular. In Candomble, frog, ducks, are offered to her.

In Santeria, castrated goat, hens, pigeons and guinea hen, and pheasants

In Yuruba: Castrated goat, chicken and pigeon.

A Buddha will never ask animals to be sacrificed.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 pm A Buddha will never ask animals to be sacrificed.
Ok...why didn't you say this earlier...i would of stopped in my tracks if i knew this.

Now i will have to make a video of myself eating a lemon and post it here for the world to see what a big dummy i am...as if they didn't already know..... :crying:

_/\_ _/\_ _/\_
Josef

Post by Josef »

Nor would buddhas need so many flashy proclamations and certificates.
Humility and bodhicitta are far more impressive.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:17 pm
Malcolm wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 pm A Buddha will never ask animals to be sacrificed.
Ok...why didn't you say this earlier...i would of stopped in my tracks if i knew this.
One assumes that people are aware that Yoruba, Santeria, Candomble, Voodou, Afro-Caribbean religions in general, are based on blood sacrifice of animals. It is a major reason that these regions of the world are continually wracked with violence and oppression.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 pm Afro-Caribbean religions in general, are based on blood sacrifice of animals.
Yes ...but i had never heard of OSUN before. ...i was only focusing on Mamaki. :crying:

Thank you :anjali:
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

conebeckham wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 pm Different tantras, and different lineages, have various different systems of explaining all this. It really means nothing, though, unless one is actively engaged in practice using these systems.
:thumbsup:

This should be the final word on the subject.
_R_

Post by _R_ »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 pm

The photos. ...

KL, the depth of this person's lack of understanding is colossal. She is claiming that a BLOODTHIRSTY, MUNDANE, SAMSARIC WATER SPIRIT IS A BUDDHA. If you don't understand how utterly mistaken this is...and let's not even get into the rest of her so-called "research."

Further, animals are sacrificed to Oshun, water animals in particular. In Candomble, frog, ducks, are offered to her.

In Santeria, castrated goat, hens, pigeons and guinea hen, and pheasants

In Yuruba: Castrated goat, chicken and pigeon.

A Buddha will never ask animals to be sacrificed.
Is Yeye sacrificing animals tho? In some of the Krodhikali temples people behead goats even though that wasn't the original thing there.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”