Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Goodnight Joseph & everyone out there :anjali:

:zzz:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:37 amPeople make mistakes....they can be forgiven. Did the Nechung Oracle make a mistake in this recognition of her as Mamaki ?
They had a year to back out of it....but they went through a lot of preparation to make it happen. Do you think they did it just for the money ? Aren't there protocols to follow before this is commenced ? How do we know she didn't meet all the requirements ?

Anyone can just pay to be recognized as some special Goddess or Buddha Emanation ?
Or has the Nechung Oracle been bamboozled ?

:shrug:

These are good questions but unless the oracle himself clarifies the situation probably the most we can do is to wish him well on his afrocentric tantric journey and leave it at that.
Last edited by dzogchungpa on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

dzogchungpa wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:17 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:37 amPeople make mistakes....they can be forgiven. Did the Nechung Oracle make a mistake in this recognition of her as Mamaki ?
They had a year to back out of it....but they went through a lot of preparation to make it happen. Do you think they did it just for the money ? Aren't there protocols to follow before this is commenced ? How do we know she didn't meet all the requirements ?

Anyone can just pay to be recognized as some special Goddess or Buddha Emanation ?
Or has the Nechung Oracle been bamboozled ?

:shrug:

These are good questions but unless the oracle himself clarifies the situation probably the most we can do is to wish hiim well on his afrocentric tantric journey and leave it at that.

Right :jumping:

Meanwhile back at the ranch...don't Buddha's see with Pure View ?

This is good :

http://www.kibi-edu.org/qa/what-is-the-pure-view/

And this :

An accomplished Dharma practitioner who has the sacred view sees the world as it really is, namely as a Buddha field, and he sees its inhabitants as enlightened beings. An advanced practitioner relates with living beings as yidams, ‘deities residing in the great mandala.’ Having the sacred view, he or she sees the Buddha nature present in every living being without exception. This isn’t a matter of blind faith, which can never be sacred or profound. Fruition is realization, and no realization can ever be a belief. Attainment of the sacred view is not accomplished through mental fabrications but through actualizing it.

Again, an advanced practitioner who has the sacred view recognizes and appreciates the world as an enlightened environment and its inhabitants as enlightened beings. The potential to experience the sacred view is brought to fruition by the view, meditation, and action, in other words, ground, path, and fruition. The ground is recognizing the inseparability of the relative and ultimate truths; the path is the gradual and unmistakable realization of the inseparability of skilful means and wisdom; fruition is realization of the inseparability of the three kayas, ‘bodies of pristine wisdom, i.e., the bodies of a buddha.’ Union of the kayas is the manifestation of the sacred view for the benefit of all living beings and is accomplished through the practice of Tantrayana.

What is the sacred view of the ground, the inseparability of the two truths? It is realizing the indivisibility of the ultimate truth of emptiness, which is the way things are, and the relative truth of phenomena, which is the way things appear. The essence of all things is empty of inherent existence; appearances manifest due to emptiness as luminous clarity. All things are empty of independent existence and therefore by nature aren’t stained. Again, since the nature of all things is empty of a fixed existence, they are free of stains. Transcending an impure view doesn’t mean nothing is left to apprehend when fruition has been attained since phenomena continue appearing clearly. So, the enlightened view means apprehending the indivisibility of the relative and ultimate truths.

As it is, one divides what one experiences and perceives into “self” and “other” and consequently splits the essence of appearances and experiences, which is emptiness, from its manifestations, which are clear luminosity. By separating the essence from clear manifestations, one’s sacred view is restricted and confined. In that case, one thinks impurity can be packed away and replaced by a newly acquired pure view and then one is free to do as one pleases. Conditioned by such subjective fancies, both notions pollute one’s view and cause it to become shallow and base.

One’s approach to the sacred view needs to fully relate to one’s situation, one’s present state of mind, which is deluded and distorted by afflictive emotions. Times aren’t distorted or degenerate, rather one’s state of mind is. One must approach the sacred view with respect and total knowledge of its meaning, otherwise one will have false notions. Spiritual materialism is very strong, especially when enforced by further wrong views that distort the path. People want to be number one and play the first role in their world without being aware of the dangerous consequences they are setting up for themselves and others. Genuine awareness and profound circumspection are indispensable when practicing the path correctly.

There are a number of enlightened masters in the Vajrayana tradition. They manifest the sacred view and thus show that what average individuals consider impure is actually pure. The sacred view is not separate from the impure view, so emotions are used on the path. Thinking great masters lead a non-ethical life is a delusion, too, and it is a breach. Having a wrong view of them is due to one’s wrong understanding and wrong ideas and it’s very wrong to criticize them. The sacred view begins the moment one takes on the responsibility of not engaging in spiritual materialism and not splitting the sacred from the world. One’s understanding of the sacred view starts the moment one stops judging. How can one judge a highly realized spiritual master, guide, helper, and supreme incarnation if one isn’t fully realized oneself? Criticizing spiritual masters, guides, and helpers on the path is very negative; it’s like trying to read a book in the dark. Instead of experiencing others as they really are, one covers them up with one’s immature opinions.

http://www.dharmadownload.net/pages/eng ... h_0072.htm
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

I can't find anything written detrimental about her.....and she has been in the public eye for many years.... :shrug:
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:03 am I can't find anything written detrimental about her.....and she has been in the public eye for many years.... :shrug:
Are you going to eat that lemon or just keep dragging this Shit out?
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Lukeinaz wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:20 am Are you going to eat that lemon or just keep dragging this Shit out?

:jumping:

Yes i will....i got the lemon already....BUT....do we have conclusive evidence yet ?

Biography
Omileye Achikeobi-Lewis is was born in the UK, to Jamaican and Trinidadian parents. She returned to islands on holidays throughout growing up to stay in touch with her cultural heritage. She studied at SOAS, London University, Ayurvedic and Holistic Medicine at Middlesex University, and completed her Counseling Masters at Winthrop University. For twenty years she has taught ancient wisdom around the world, engaged in planet peace work and also works as a Integrative Transpersonal Psychotherapist. Through her work she helps to build compassionate communities and a balanced earth. Her first book "A Journey Through Breath" and the workshops by the same name for women won her a Prince's Trust Award. In 2009 she won the NanoWrimMo Write a Novel in Forty Days competition with "Goddess Song". Omileye has been featured in many publications including: Sunday Time's Style Magazine, Charlotte Observer, Lancaster News, Pregnancy and Newborn, Woman Today, Natural Awakenings, amongst others. Omileye's earlier works can be found under her pre-marriage name is Ezolaagbo (now her middle name) Joseph-Achikeobi. Omileye has spent the last seven years traveling around the world raising awareness about the ailing state of our Waterways and Earth, as she shares ancient wisdom of balance. She is the founder of the renowned Humanity4Water Awards, WaterSongline network, and one of the founding members of UNICEF's Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA). Her environmental work has been recognized by the United Nation whom invited her to take part in their international water debate, attend the UN Head quarters for the launch of UNICEF's Global Interfaith Alliance (GIWA) and to announce the fifth year awardees of the Humanity4Water Awards. Omileye work has also been recognized by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Kuten La - The Tibetan State Oracle and many world spiritual leaders and planet peace workers.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Well, if Buddhas see everything with pure vision, then why did she feel it necessary to call me out by name and accuse me of "hate speech" when I merely said the reason why her claim to being the first female Buddha in modern history was being questioned was not due to racism (her claim) and more because even the Dalai Lama never makes claims about himself being a Buddha. Even Dalai Lama just calls himself "a simple monk.

I simply asked if she understood basic Buddhist tenets like the Four Noble Truth, emptiness etc. So, she accused me of hate speech, and conveniently deleted my post.

I also don't know if she is or isn't a Buddha (and hey I think all beings are Buddhas, right?), so resorting to calling anyone who questions her a rascist is just not accurate.

I get that racism may very well be why some don't buy her claim, but not all of us. Some of us are dedicated students of Dharma who want to know what she teaches regarding Dharma.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:25 am Well, if Buddhas see everything with pure vision, then why did she feel it necessary to call me out by name and accuse me of "hate speech" when I merely said the reason why her claim to being the first female Buddha in modern history was being questioned was not due to racism (her claim) and more because even the Dalai Lama never makes claims about himself being a Buddha. Even Dalai Lama just calls himself "a simple monk.

I simply asked if she understood basic Buddhist tenets like the Four Noble Truth, emptiness etc. So, she accused me of hate speech, and conveniently deleted my post.

I also don't know if she is or isn't a Buddha (and hey I think all beings are Buddhas, right?), so resorting to calling anyone who questions her a rascist is just not accurate.

I get that racism may very well be why some don't buy her claim, but not all of us. Some of us are dedicated students of Dharma who want to know what she teaches regarding Dharma.
It's the default accusation used by those well versed in the UK's entitlement culture. Any adverse remark can be claimed to be offensive hate speech and people can end up being prosecuted - just because the person who feels offended can point to a difference as the basis for the 'offensiveness'.

We have highly aggressive racists for sure - and some of them are the ones who use this daft law to block any and all media or comments which show them up in a bad light. Woe betide any white heterosexual male who dares to express a totally unrelated negative view about someone who isn't.

It is hitting hard in the workplace, in schools etc. where people are claiming: 'That is hate speech because I am (insert ethnic, sexual, gender category here). I am offended.' That's enough to get you prosecuted, lose your job etc.

In this case, the stupidity of her position is indeed shown up by the example of the Dalai Lama - hardly an exemplar of white privilege himself.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Bristollad

Post by Bristollad »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:28 am Her first book "A Journey Through Breath" and the workshops by the same name for women won her a Prince's Trust Award.
Autobiographies tend to put things in the most positive light. For example, her award from the Prince's Trust (charity aimed at young people): was it a Celebrate Success Award or a Development Award?
Development Awards
The Prince's Trust Development Awards remove young people's financial barriers to enable them to take the next step into work, education or training. Covering course fees, transport or equipment, eligible young people can receive up to £500.
Awards
The Prince's Trust celebrates the achievements of young people each year through its Prince's Trust Awards (formerly known as Celebrate Success Awards).
Sponsored by TK Maxx and HomeSense, these series of awards events are an opportunity to pay tribute to the bravery, determination and sheer hard work that the young people demonstrate. The process begins each summer when staff, volunteers, partners and supporters nominate the exceptional young people they’ve met. In each of the regions and countries, judging panels select finalists in seven award categories.
Throughout the autumn The Trust holds 11 Oscar-style regional award ceremonies across the country before hosting a national final in London where the red carpet is rolled out.
Hosted by Ant and Dec and attended by a range of celebrity ambassadors, including Thierry Henry, Gemma Arterton and Emilia Fox, it recognises the Young Achiever of the Year, Young Ambassador of the Year and many more.
see https://www.princes-trust.org.uk for details.
The antidote—to be free from the suffering of samsara—you need to be free from delusion and karma; you need to be free from ignorance, the root of samsara. So you need to meditate on emptiness. That is what you need. Lama Zopa Rinpoche
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Mantrik wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:10 am
It's the default accusation used by those well versed in the UK's entitlement culture. Any adverse remark can be claimed to be offensive hate speech and people can end up being prosecuted - just because the person who feels offended can point to a difference as the basis for the 'offensiveness'.

We have highly aggressive racists for sure - and some of them are the ones who use this daft law to block any and all media or comments which show them up in a bad light. Woe betide any white heterosexual male who dares to express a totally unrelated negative view about someone who isn't.

It is hitting hard in the workplace, in schools etc. where people are claiming: 'That is hate speech because I am (insert ethnic, sexual, gender category here). I am offended.' That's enough to get you prosecuted, lose your job etc.

In this case, the stupidity of her position is indeed shown up by the example of the Dalai Lama - hardly an exemplar of white privilege himself.
That's quite a scary precedent. It's similar here,but we haven't gone that far (yet).
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

She doesn't seem to be the run-of-the-mill scam artist..(does she ?) :shrug:
(don't worry...i'm gonna eat the lemon ! )
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm She doesn't seem to be the run-of-the-mill scam artist..(does she ?) :shrug:
She seems like some kind of misguided SJW/new age self-proclaimed guru who is trying to make a name for herself.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Aryjna wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:40 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm She doesn't seem to be the run-of-the-mill scam artist..(does she ?) :shrug:
She seems like some kind of misguided SJW/new age self-proclaimed guru who is trying to make a name for herself.
Well....we all gotta hustle at something to make a living don't we ? :shrug:
DiamondMeru

Post by DiamondMeru »

cyril wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 am
Kaung wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:51 am
:shrug: I wouldn't regard someone posting such a thing as being knowledgable in vajrayana.Now,I'm very convinced that she's just part of that new age family who wants to use vajrayana for their own ends.
Oh, c'mon, they have Dorje Legba in Vajrayana and they have Papa Legba in Voodoo; can't you see the connection?
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Take away all perceived cultural categories and designations an enlightened person just might see the inter-relatedness of all religions, deities, and outer projections of dharmakya. I am an Egyptian Wiccan so I think this is funny. I would like to mix Buddhism with Egyptian deities but they are honestly two very different energies in ritual practice. Green Tara and Kwan Yin are both feminine deities of motherhood and so is Auset/Isis but I don’t mix them together when praying. You respect the cultural differences inherent in the deities which do affect things according to cultural ideology. Ancient Egyptian pantheon is a very regal religion meant for Pharaohs who were an Individualistic culture. Buddhism and its deities are very much a collectivist culture.
~Homage to you, Tara, upon whom the kings of the assembled gods The gods themselves, and all kinnaras rely; Whose magnificent armor gives joy to all, You who dispel all disputes and bad dreams.~
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

DiamondMeru wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:26 pmI am an Egyptian Wiccan ...

This made me think of that Bangles song, I think it was called something like "Wicc like an Egyptian".
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

DiamondMeru wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:26 pm I would like to mix Buddhism with Egyptian deities but they are honestly two very different energies in ritual practice.
I'm not trying to make a name as a hijacker, so pardon this slight deviation from the thread's current course, but what about Greek deities? They were already integrated (we might even say "converted") in ancient Buddhist Gandhara.

No hijacking here, just curious. Honest.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

PeterC

Post by PeterC »

DiamondMeru wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:26 pm Take away all perceived cultural categories and designations an enlightened person just might see the inter-relatedness of all religions, deities, and outer projections of dharmakya. I am an Egyptian Wiccan so I think this is funny. I would like to mix Buddhism with Egyptian deities but they are honestly two very different energies in ritual practice. Green Tara and Kwan Yin are both feminine deities of motherhood and so is Auset/Isis but I don’t mix them together when praying. You respect the cultural differences inherent in the deities which do affect things according to cultural ideology. Ancient Egyptian pantheon is a very regal religion meant for Pharaohs who were an Individualistic culture. Buddhism and its deities are very much a collectivist culture.
Please reassure us that this comment was intended as a parody...

I think we are approaching the point where this thread has run its course
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:52 pm

No, I'm pretty sure it was the way I remember it.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

May all beings have happiness..and the cause of happiness.
May all be free from suffering ..and the cause of suffering.
May all never part from the happiness of no suffering.
May all remain in equanimity free from partiality, attachment and aversion.

:buddha1:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”