Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Malcolm

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Post by Malcolm »

_R_ wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:34 am
Is Yeye sacrificing animals tho? In some of the Krodhikali temples people behead goats even though that wasn't the original thing there.
Kalima and Krodhakali (Black, wrathful Vajrayoginī) are entirely different. The former is a worldly goddess, the later, well, Vajrayoginī.

As for whether or not she engages in this practice, you will have to ask her personally. However, it is standard.
_R_

Post by _R_ »

Whole thread begs a question would the reception been different if the recognised had been Tibetan shaman...
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 pm As for whether or not she engages in this practice, you will have to ask her personally. However, it is standard.

I don't have the burden of proof on this one. It would be up to you prove that Yeye is doing animal sacrifices.
Kalima and Krodhakali (Black, wrathful Vajrayoginī) are entirely different. The former is a worldly goddess, the later, well, Vajrayoginī.

Although lot of these places have been hijacked by hindus, it doesn't change the fact deity worship in these temples have become corrupted. One Kali can be even found from 21 praises of Tara.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 pm
Is Yeye sacrificing animals tho? In some of the Krodhikali temples people behead goats even though that wasn't the original thing there.

As for whether or not she engages in this practice, you will have to ask her personally. However, it is standard.

Speaking of Kali Ma, a certain other Kali Ma turned out to be a Rinpoche, so who are we to judge? Maybe something similar will happen in the case at hand.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm Speaking of Kali Ma, a certain other Kali Ma turned out to be a Rinpoche...
Recognized by whom? Recognitions are relatively inexpensive, and prove nothing. Steven Segal, anyone?
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Speaking of Kali Ma, a certain other Kali Ma turned out to be a Rinpoche, so who are we to judge? Maybe something similar will happen in the case at hand.
I'm not familiar with this story, care to share?
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:28 pm
dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm Speaking of Kali Ma, a certain other Kali Ma turned out to be a Rinpoche...
Recognized by whom? Recognitions are relatively inexpensive, and prove nothing. Steven Segal, anyone?
Are you suggesting that the ex Kali Ma in question may have purchased her title? Anyway, my point is that people can develop, so perhaps we should wait and see where this goes before coming to a definitive conclusion.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Lhasa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm
dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm not familiar with this story, care to share?

Someone may start talking about rhizomes if I do so, no.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:46 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:28 pm
Are you suggesting that the ex Kali Ma in question may have purchased her title? Anyway, my point is that people can develop, so perhaps we should wait and see where this goes before coming to a definitive conclusion.
I am suggesting that recognitions are pretty meaningless.

As for the other thing, you started it. Maybe you should not have posted that. In the end, all you really did was provide a condition for that poor lady to become distressed when she was a subject of justified criticism. You know quite well what happens when you stir the pot on DW. So, are you now satisfied that your idle sport has born regrettable fruit? Think twice next time before you are tempted to throw someone under the DW bus.
Last edited by Malcolm on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

I was daydreaming again.....and thought...maybe she will be the one to put an end to ritual sacrifice in the culture.
Maybe that's the reason this happened....sometimes your intention is not what you think....maybe her subconscious. ..or wisdom intuition....had a higher plan for her....

I know....i'm an idealist......
Last edited by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:06 pm I was daydreaming again.....and thought...maybe she will be the one to put an end to ritual sacrifice in the culture.
Maybe that's the reason this happened....sometimes one intention is not what you think....maybe her subconscious. ..or wisdom intuition....had a higher plan for her....

I know....i'm an idealist......
If wishes were fishes...
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:07 pm wishes were fishes...
And she just happens to be the Goddess of water......
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Dear Goddess Yeye.....please put an end to ritual sacrifice. ...tell Osun to go vegan now.....our planet is dying and killing is not cool anymore.....your brother Buddha will bring you much wealth and happiness...if you use your power to liberate all living things...may all beings have happiness and the cause of happiness.....

:heart:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 pm tell Osun to go vegan now
Um, it rather works the other way around. The Orisha dictates to the medium.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:56 pmThink twice next time before you are tempted to throw someone under the DW bus.

Says the bus, lol. I was, and am, legitimately interested in this story.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm
Can't they just have an intelligent conversation ?

:heart: to :heart:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm I was, and am, legitimately interested in this story.

You must have been aware that it would have provoke criticism.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm
Can't they just have an intelligent conversation ?

:heart: to :heart:
No, dear. Spirits like that are only interested in mortals as servants, not as advisors.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pm
dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm I was, and am, legitimately interested in this story.

You must have been aware that it would have provoke criticism.

Meta-discussion much? Friend, almost everything remotely interesting provokes criticism.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pm No, dear. Spirits like that are only interested in mortals as servants, not as advisors.
Gottcha. (Gulp)
Kris

Post by Kris »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:08 pm

And she just happens to be the Goddess of water......
I think I need to point out that in this context, the waters; the Kalunga is both a metaphor for death and the fluid immanence of death itself. At times the ocean is still yet soothing while at other times it is raging and violent.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post :emb:
Last edited by Kris on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”