Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Malcolm

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pm
dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm I was, and am, legitimately interested in this story.

You must have been aware that it would have provoke criticism.

Meta-discussion much? Friend, almost everything remotely interesting provokes criticism.

Most of that which is "interesting" is not Dharma.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 pm tell Osun to go vegan now
Um, it rather works the other way around. The Orisha dictates to the medium.
This is why talk of reform of sacrificial practices is often futile. For example, the only way a Mongolian shaman will abandon ripping apart live animals, making the offerings and then feasting on the throbbing guts is if their 'ongod' spirit tells them it is OK and they will accept other offerings.

So we work with the elders and ask them to talk to their spirits and see if it may be possible. It's a long process, and some will still want to 'be sure' and make an animal sacrifice anyway.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Um, it rather works the other way around. The Orisha dictates to the medium.
Can't they just have an intelligent conversation ?

:heart: to :heart:
No, dear. Spirits like that are only interested in mortals as servants, not as advisors.

Well....maybe Yeye should renounce Osun, if Osun still wants bloodthirsty ritual sacrifice. ...
And just stick with Buddha.....who was against ritual sacrifice. ....
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 pm
dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pmYou must have been aware that it would have provoke criticism.

Meta-discussion much? Friend, almost everything remotely interesting provokes criticism.

Most of that which is "interesting" is not Dharma.

Duly noted.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Can't they just have an intelligent conversation ?

:heart: to :heart:
No, dear. Spirits like that are only interested in mortals as servants, not as advisors.

Well....maybe Yeye should renounce Osun, if Osun still wants bloodthirsty ritual sacrifice. ...
That would require her to take refuge in the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha, of which I have seen no evidence.
Kris

Post by Kris »

I agree although we don't have conclusive evidence that she's doing sacrificial offerings (ebos). And since she is not claiming the title of Iyanifa....well I would have to speculate that she's perfoming a type of "Misa Espiritual" and from the little that i know these don't involve animal sacrifice...in fact that's what the more 'evolved' houses are doing.

In the end i'm not an advocate for this woman and have no interest in mundane spirits whether terrestrial, sub-lunar or celestial...
Buddhas are superior in every regard.

Mukhagama Commentary by Master Vitapada:
  • There is no transgression [in seeking to become] superior to the gods;
    bodhisattvas are superior to them,
    buddhas are superior [to bodhisattvas],
    and the great Vajradhara who has the seven unions
    is superior [to buddhas].
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sennin wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Perfect.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:56 pmThink twice next time before you are tempted to throw someone under the DW bus.

Says the bus, lol. I was, and am, legitimately interested in this story.

Maybe this will interest you as well:

I present: Pink Oshun!!!
PINK OSHUN is the 21st Century Priestess in me. She is the modern woman, having the ability to both plug in and out of the matrix. As a business woman, I have the opportunity and freedom to follow my passions, while pursuing my spiritual journey and funding projects designed around community building and healing.

Pink Oshun is the Feminist Goddess in me that challenges patriarchy from the standpoint that tracing our roots to the ancestry of our blood line is an essential part of healing the traumatic injuries that white supremacy requires that we, black and white, honor our African roots. The journey of the Pink Oshun within is about bringing forth the healer within me to assist our community towards healing from our oppression.

She leads us on a modern eclectic path with the disciplines of prayer, meditation, and the creative arts. She guides me in building an intentional community that is sustainable and a diverseAfrican culture centric place for you. If you are interested in finding out who you are, discovering the Ancestral African bloodline within and beginning the journey of healing and self discovery; then Pink Oshun may very well resignate with you as well.
http://www.oshuntalks.com/maat-tantra

Wishing you well on your afrocentric tantric journey...
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Sennin wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:46 pm
I agree although we don't have conclusive evidence that she's doing sacrificial offerings (ebos). And since she is not claiming the title of Iyanifa....well I would have to speculate that she's perfoming a type of "Misa Espiritual" and from the little that i know these don't involve animal sacrifice...in fact that's what the more 'evolved' houses are doing.

In the end i'm not an advocate for this woman and have no interest in mundane spirits whether terrestrial, sub-lunar or celestial...
Buddhas are superior in every regard.

:namaste: Sennin

True, we don't know if she is into the blood sacrificing rituals....but if this is her religion....it's all connected...

The only thing that got me so wound up in this discussion was because people were acting so negatively, and thinking she was a scammer/fraud/ignorant.....when there wasn't empirical proof....and my heart went out to her in her defense....but being i am so ignorant...i had no idea about the religion Osun, that she was a part of. Now i see what others saw........that a blood sacrificing Goddess, can't co-exist in a Buddha body........ :crying:

I was just happy that a black woman became an emanation of a Tibetan Buddhist Goddess...and that it was a historical event....
and i wanted it to be the real thing...... :crying:

:anjali:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 pm

The only thing that got me so wound up in this discussion was because people were acting so negatively, and thinking she was a scammer/fraud/ignorant.....when there wasn't empirical proof....
Generally ignorant? No. She is clearly educated. Ignorant of Tibetan Buddhism? Absolutely.

Claiming that Heruka is related to the god Horus is completely ignorant, lacking anything even remotely resembling the truth.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 pm Generally ignorant? No. She is clearly educated. Ignorant of Tibetan Buddhism? Absolutely.

Claiming that Heruka is related to the god Horus is completely ignorant, lacking anything even remotely resembling the truth.
Yes...making fun of her understanding of TB. I thought...well, she's new to it..what do you expect ? I am ignorant of LOTS of stuff in TB. (duh)

And the part about Heruka...i think she was just trying to embrace the two religions, assimilating... to bond...i think we all do that...find things that are similar to relate to, or bond with....like friends...
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:37 pm
dzogchungpa wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:56 pmThink twice next time before you are tempted to throw someone under the DW bus.

Says the bus, lol. I was, and am, legitimately interested in this story.

Maybe this will interest you as well:

I present: Pink Oshun!!!
PINK OSHUN is the 21st Century Priestess in me. She is the modern woman, having the ability to both plug in and out of the matrix. As a business woman, I have the opportunity and freedom to follow my passions, while pursuing my spiritual journey and funding projects designed around community building and healing.

Pink Oshun is the Feminist Goddess in me that challenges patriarchy from the standpoint that tracing our roots to the ancestry of our blood line is an essential part of healing the traumatic injuries that white supremacy requires that we, black and white, honor our African roots. The journey of the Pink Oshun within is about bringing forth the healer within me to assist our community towards healing from our oppression.

She leads us on a modern eclectic path with the disciplines of prayer, meditation, and the creative arts. She guides me in building an intentional community that is sustainable and a diverseAfrican culture centric place for you. If you are interested in finding out who you are, discovering the Ancestral African bloodline within and beginning the journey of healing and self discovery; then Pink Oshun may very well resignate with you as well.
http://www.oshuntalks.com/maat-tantra

Wishing you well on your afrocentric tantric journey...

Thank you.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Malcolm wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pm Spirits like that are only interested in mortals as servants
This speaks volumes to the black culture especially....we've ALL been slaves on this earth, but you'd think by now the Black African people would see how they are being enslaved by their own gods. (This is a big generalization btw) I'm just referring to the blood ritual sacrificing sprits/gods

:crying:

PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 pm
True, we don't know if she is into the blood sacrificing rituals....but if this is her religion....it's all connected...

The only thing that got me so wound up in this discussion was because people were acting so negatively, and thinking she was a scammer/fraud/ignorant.....when there wasn't empirical proof....and my heart went out to her in her defense....but being i am so ignorant...i had no idea about the religion Osun, that she was a part of. Now i see what others saw........that a blood sacrificing Goddess, can't co-exist in a Buddha body........ :crying:

I was just happy that a black woman became an emanation of a Tibetan Buddhist Goddess...and that it was a historical event....
and i wanted it to be the real thing...... :crying:

:anjali:
May I suggest that you examine *why* it was/is so important to you that what this person said was true. That might be more fruitful than continuing to flog this particular very dead horse.

There is nothing wrong with ignorance, but it is easily remedied. One of the few positive things about this age of corruption is that knowledge on pretty much any topic is more easily accessible than it has ever been in the history of humanity
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

PeterC wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:54 am There is nothing wrong with ignorance, but it is easily remedied. One of the few positive things about this age of corruption is that knowledge on pretty much any topic is more easily accessible than it has ever been in the history of humanity
Yes. It means you sit down and do your homework. You can choose to walk in the dark if you want to, but you're not gonna get anywhere, except be even more lost.

If you don't know something, and you want to know something, then you need to study. In Buddhadharma there are two things that we should do: Study well, and practice well, under the guidance of a qualified teacher.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

PeterC wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:54 am May I suggest that you examine *why* it was/is so important to you that what this person said was true
Because i thought it was wonderful that finally some historical event took place in this day & age, when all we ever do is read about things that happened to people in the past. Also i thought it was really special because she was not Tibetan or white...but of another culture & race....

Also because this world is falling apart and we need all the help we can get.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:37 am
PeterC wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:54 am May I suggest that you examine *why* it was/is so important to you that what this person said was true
Because i thought it was wonderful that finally some historical event took place in this day & age, when all we ever do is read about things that happened to people in the past. Also i thought it was really special because she was not Tibetan or white...but of another culture & race....

Also because this world is falling apart and we need all the help we can get.
I think we have actual bodhisattvas in the world that are continuing to work for the benefit of being without a lot of fanfare.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Josef wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:45 am I think we have actual bodhisattvas in the world that are continuing to work for the benefit of being without a lot of fanfare.
Of course ! But as humans, we love to fanfare others for their accomplishments....that is also bodhisattvic ....to be happy for others...right ?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 am
Josef wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:45 am I think we have actual bodhisattvas in the world that are continuing to work for the benefit of being without a lot of fanfare.
Of course ! But as humans, we love to fanfare others for their accomplishments....that is also bodhisattvic ....to be happy for others...right ?
Yes, rejoicing in the virtue and accomplishments of others is a powerful thing indeed.
In this particular case is may be that there was more to rejoice in prior to this strange turn toward misrepresenting dharma.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Josef wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 am Yes, rejoicing in the virtue and accomplishments of others is a powerful thing indeed.
In this particular case is may be that there was more to rejoice in prior to this strange turn toward misrepresenting dharma.
People make mistakes....they can be forgiven. Did the Nechung Oracle make a mistake in this recognition of her as Mamaki ?
They had a year to back out of it....but they went through a lot of preparation to make it happen. Do you think they did it just for the money ? Aren't there protocols to follow before this is commenced ? How do we know she didn't meet all the requirements ?

Anyone can just pay to be recognized as some special Goddess or Buddha Emanation ?
Or has the Nechung Oracle been bamboozled ?

:shrug:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”