Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Kunga Lhadzom

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omileye

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 pm

conebeckham wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 pm
I find this whole idea of the recognition of Yeye to be contrived--I'll allow that there may be good motivations, perhaps, but in the end so much of this is just speculative and "wrong." I mean, really, "dreams coinciding"---this sort of thing is easily fabricated, and impossible to objectively ascertain. It tests credulity.
Yet.. SHE had the KARMA to meet him, and discuss their dreams ....and HE was convinced enough that SHE IS THE emanation of Mamaki...and took ONE year to prepare for this elaborate thing....don't you think something could have or would have stopped this if it wasn't valid ? Do you think the Oracle of Tibet is ignorant ?
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

https://drunklotus.blog

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:09 pm
Indigenous status is not restricted to ethnicity.
Well, what i'm talking about is the restricted use of the term then. You know what i'm talking about ! Maybe i should just change the wording to Modern Man v.s. Unmodern Man ???? I used the term indigenous because it clearly indicates what i'm referring to....i didn't think there would be any confusion as to what i was referring to ....but now i see how pedantic this becomes..
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Also did if ever occur to you that we are intoxicated with the thinking, culture and religion of the indigenous people of Tibet ?
Buddhadarma is a universal religion, and it certainly is not indigenous to Tibet. It was important from India.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 pm
conebeckham wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 pm
I find this whole idea of the recognition of Yeye to be contrived--I'll allow that there may be good motivations, perhaps, but in the end so much of this is just speculative and "wrong." I mean, really, "dreams coinciding"---this sort of thing is easily fabricated, and impossible to objectively ascertain. It tests credulity.
Yet.. SHE had the KARMA to meet him, and discuss their dreams ....and HE was convinced enough that SHE IS THE emanation of Mamaki...and took ONE year to prepare for this elaborate thing....don't you think something could have or would have stopped this if it wasn't valid ? Do you think the Oracle of Tibet is ignorant ?
Ummm, there is only one person reporting this, herself, and given her other statements online which clearly show she has no understanding at all of what Tibetan Buddhism is and what "emanation" means...well, you put two and two together. After all, what do we know, we are just a bunch of white colonial oppressors trying to keep the indigenous people down...
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:06 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:23 pm
Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Also did if ever occur to you that we are intoxicated with the thinking, culture and religion of the indigenous people of Tibet ?
Buddhadarma is a universal religion, and it certainly is not indigenous to Tibet. It was important from India.
Yes, but i was referring to Tibetan Buddhism...not Buddhadharma in general....

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:08 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 pm
there is only one person reporting this, herself,
How about the photographs ? Do do think they were photoshopped ?

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:11 am

Malcolm wrote:
she has no understanding at all of what Tibetan Buddhism is
This is all new to her...she is learning ?
Malcolm wrote:
white colonial oppressors trying to keep the indigenous people down...
And that is not a historical fact ?

Man....if she is proven to be a charlatan....i will make a YT video of me eating a lemon and post it here.... :crying:

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 am

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:11 am
Malcolm wrote:

Now, now, KL, Malcolm does indeed have a history of being a bit oppressive towards some of the indigenous peoples of DW, but not exactly in a colonial way.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:15 am

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm
What have indigenous people done to frak (that was a loaded statement) up the planet ?

I think they have the solution....not some guy with a PhD. ...
This is getting silly. Correction; sillier.

You are saying, i will listen to people who i like the look of rather than people who have invested time and effort to know something about a topic. (This is, btw, a pervasive and absurd issue with modern american politics.)

This lady was, prior to her current gig, a american counsellor from, i believe, north carolina who wrote books on how to deal with workplace bullying. She is the “indigenous” expert that you prefer to “guys with PhDs”?

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 am

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
You think colonial oppression in history was the exclusive province of white peoples?

:rolling:

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:29 am

PeterC wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 am
You think colonial oppression in history was the exclusive province of white peoples?
i didn't say that....of course white people haven't been the exclusive oppressors...that would be ridiculous to say that...but they HAVE been a significant source of oppression in history....not the only ones....

PeterC wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:15 am
You are saying, i will listen to people who i like the look of rather than people who have invested time and effort to know something about a topic.
We don't really have any substantial proof one way or another....other than photographs (a picture is worth a thousand words ? )
I guess i think she is innocent until proven guilty...
PeterC wrote:
She is the “indigenous” expert that you prefer to “guys with PhDs”?

Well...if those guys with PhD's would use their brains to undo all the catastrophic damage technology has created....I'm not talking about all the wonderful things man's intelligence has invented or created....I'm saying that if man is so intelligent, why doesn't he use this intelligence to get us out of this mess we got into.....

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:36 am

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
How can an emanation of a Buddha be held to be learning what Buddhism is?
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:42 am

Malcolm wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:36 am
Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
How can an emanation of a Buddha be held to be learning what Buddhism is?
No, you said "She has no understanding at all of what Tibetan Buddhism is "

As a "person" she does not know much....she is learning...as are we all...
As an "emanation"....that is totally different....it's all on the emanations head for that....(MAMAKI ) :rolleye:

Didn't she have to pass some tests ? (The woman/Yeye)

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 am

Malcolm wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 am
A hot mess. :crazy:
Indeed, however, there is no world in which a campaign to inform everyone she is suffering from severe misconceptions will have any effect on anyone who has the (sad) karma to wind up being her student.

And, Dorje Drakden may be engaged in bringing Oshun to heel. After all, even though Pehar was tamed by Guru P, it took many successive episodes of taming by the mahāisiddhas of Tibet to fully bring him to heel as well.
This post is about Oshun, in that I had a personal encounter with her, through a Yoruba priest I met online. It's been many years and I totally forgot about it until you all started this thread and jogged my memory. I was looking for help back then to disconnect from the nefarious hindu cult I was in....and came across this priest who did try to help, but definitely didn't have the power to deal with crazy black siddhas. In a very recent dream, there were Lamas carrying tormas and chanting and throwing mustard seeds in my house...clearing, purifying and sealing it. I started cleaning the kitchen in the dream and came across a dead black half-rat-half-crow. Black magic, dead but still stinking up the place.
I threw it in the garbage. After the dream I started looking around the day-time house to see if there was anything that could be connected to black magic.
I kept reading this thread and then today all the memories came back, and there are things connected to Oshun that I still have. :jawdrop:

So THANK YOU all for keeping this thread going, it has helped me to remember. :bow: :anjali: :bow: :group:

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:20 am

Lhasa wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 am
So THANK YOU all for keeping this thread going, it has helped me to remember. :bow: :anjali: :bow: :group:

In all seriousness, I think the lion's share of the credit should go to me for having started the thread.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:23 am

dzogchungpa wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:20 am
Lhasa wrote:

In all seriousness, I think the lion's share of the credit should go to me for having started the thread.
You got it!! :cheers:

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:24 am

Lhasa wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 am
A hot mess. :crazy:
Indeed, however, there is no world in which a campaign to inform everyone she is suffering from severe misconceptions will have any effect on anyone who has the (sad) karma to wind up being her student.

And, Dorje Drakden may be engaged in bringing Oshun to heel. After all, even though Pehar was tamed by Guru P, it took many successive episodes of taming by the mahāisiddhas of Tibet to fully bring him to heel as well.
Why would you want to be reminded of such things?

This post is about Oshun, in that I had a personal encounter with her, through a Yoruba priest I met online. It's been many years and I totally forgot about it until you all started this thread and jogged my memory. I was looking for help back then to disconnect from the nefarious hindu cult I was in....and came across this priest who did try to help, but definitely didn't have the power to deal with crazy black siddhas. In a very recent dream, there were Lamas carrying tormas and chanting and throwing mustard seeds in my house...clearing, purifying and sealing it. I started cleaning the kitchen in the dream and came across a dead black half-rat-half-crow. Black magic, dead but still stinking up the place.
I threw it in the garbage. After the dream I started looking around the day-time house to see if there was anything that could be connected to black magic.
I kept reading this thread and then today all the memories came back, and there are things connected to Oshun that I still have. :jawdrop:

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:31 am

amanitamusc wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:24 am

Why would you want to be reminded of such things?

Purification...somethings aren't over until you deal with them...like with a phurba.

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 am

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:29 am
PeterC wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:17 am
i didn't say that....of course white people haven't been the exclusive oppressors...that would be ridiculous to say that...but they HAVE been a significant source of oppression in history....not the only ones....
Then I don't really see your point
Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
PeterC wrote:
You are saying, i will listen to people who i like the look of rather than people who have invested time and effort to know something about a topic.
We don't really have any substantial proof one way or another....other than photographs (a picture is worth a thousand words ? )
I guess i think she is innocent until proven guilty...
Again not my point. I was highlighting that you were choosing to denigrate those who have experience and knowledge on this topic in favour of someone who has no demonstrable knowledge to offer. If you say there's no substantial proof that she has knowledge, that just supports my point
Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
PeterC wrote:
She is the “indigenous” expert that you prefer to “guys with PhDs”?

Well...if those guys with PhD's would use their brains to undo all the catastrophic damage technology has created....I'm not talking about all the wonderful things man's intelligence has invented or created....I'm saying that if man is so intelligent, why doesn't he use this intelligence to get us out of this mess we got into.....
Honestly, what do you think climate scientists - and not just them, a whole ecosystem of people working on remediation technologies, sustainability, recycling, even geoengineering - spend their time doing? Do you have much knowledge yourself of what they work on? These are in many cases highly specialized careers that require decades of study to make a contribution, and many of the people working in these fields are academic researchers who really don't get paid much and get very little recognition for their work. How do you think they would feel if they read comments like this?

Kaung

Re: Nechung Kuten Recognizes Yeye Omilf

Post by Kaung » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 pm

I’d reconsider if I hear about that from the Nechung Kuten himself.But at this rate,all the learned and accomplished Panditas at DW can claim that they had a vision of the mandala of the black dakini Oshun-Mamaki in union with elephant-headed black ganapati-Jesus :woohoo: Btw,if such a practice existed,I’d pay an arm and a leg to receive the empowerment. :rolling:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”