English Translation of Terma Text Rinchen Dronme?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
sukhamanveti

English Translation of Terma Text Rinchen Dronme?

Post by sukhamanveti »

Has anyone come across a good English translation of the terma text Rinchen Dronme or might you have a lead on one? Does anyone know which tertön or terma cycle (gter skor) it is associated with?

The Tibetan title is རིན་ཆེན་སྒྲོན་མེ་. It may be transliterated as Rinchen Drönme, Rinchin Dronme, or rin chen sgron me. In English the title may be translated as "Precious Lamp" or "Jewel Lamp" (Rin chen means "jewel, precious, valuable." It is the equivalent of the Sanskrit ratna. Sgron me means "butter lamp or light." It is the equivalent of the Sanskrit dīpa or pradīpa.). I'm searching for it under all of the aforementioned titles. His Holiness Chatral Rinpoche, who was widely considered to be one of the greatest Dzogchen masters of all time, would sometimes quote from it. He was the principal lineage holder of the Dudjom Tersar terma cycle and the Sera Khandro cycle, as well as a master of the Longchen Nyingthig cycle, so perhaps it belongs to one of these collections of teachings. I have tried the Lotsawa House website, which offers translations of twenty treasure texts, without success and I'm slowly searching through translated terma collections in print now.

Thank you in advance to the kind person with the helpful answer.
namo bhagavate śākyamunaye tathāgatāyārhate samyaksaṁbuddhāya | namaḥ sarvabuddhabodhisattvebhyaḥ ||

"Bodhisattva-mahāsattvas love all beings in the world equally, as if each were their only child..." Buddhāvataṃsakamahāvaipulya Sūtra

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”