Protections

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Virgo

Re: Protections

Post by Virgo »

According to Rinpoche, the best way to empower something is through the state of contemplation:

Kevin...
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Virgo wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 am According to Rinpoche, the best way to empower something is through the state of contemplation:

Kevin...
Thanks, this is useful
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:15 am

Thanks, this is useful
Yes, you should try to ask Rinpoche more if you get a chance.

Kevin
Kris

Post by Kris »

Josef wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:35 pm
Bodhicitta is far more than aspiration or intention. It is the fuel of liberation and liberation itself. Applying bodhicitta in action, intention, and with the wisdom of the ultimate meaning is the ultimate protection for all beings.

Through bodhicitta we have limitless capacity to benefit beings in thought, word, and deed. We also have the ability to inspire them to cultivate bodhicitta themselves and practice dharma in order to become buddhas.
This protection is sincere, authentic, and incapable of being tainted by the 8 worldly concerns. That and no need worry about levitating implements.
:good:
Very eloquently written.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Josef

Post by Josef »

Virgo wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 am According to Rinpoche, the best way to empower something is through the state of contemplation:

Kevin...
I love these videos of the Master.
The integration with the realities of our circumstances and the teachings is fully present always.
Thank you for posting this here Kevin.
To link this to my previous post about bodhicitta.
The state of contemplation and bodhicitta are the same thing, just different ways of communicating it.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Josef wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:34 pm
I love these videos of the Master.
The integration with the realities of our circumstances and the teachings is fully present always.
Thank you for posting this here Kevin.
Yes, the maestro is a master of integration.

Kevin...
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Virgo wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:15 am

Thanks, this is useful
Yes, you should try to ask Rinpoche more if you get a chance.

Kevin
Sometimes I regret having gone to university... i missed him, but one of his advices was "young practitioners must study" so that i did hahahaha it is tragicomic.

Ok, until here i understood one thing: if the protection works, it is perfect, and if it doesn't, it doesn't matter. Better to try, as i have bein doing with the avalokite and DK amulets, only thing i wan't is to do it right, so have to look after precise explanations on cords.

Thanks!
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”