Difficulties to meet with one's Teacher

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
pael

Difficulties to meet with one's Teacher

Post by pael »

I have difficulties to meet with my Vajrayana Teachers. One is Shakya Trizin. I can't travel. One Teacher who lives in my country is far away. I'm not sure when I can ask him few questions. What I can do meanwhile? I think I have done all these years only a lip service. I don't know when I can ask transmission of Narak Kongtruk Kanshak. How long time it takes from Teacher to recite it?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Aryjna

Re: Difficulties to meet with one's Teacher

Post by Aryjna »

There are many methods of purification, some of which you must already have.
Marc

Post by Marc »

The Narak Dongtruk / Kongshak is not that long.
In group practices with chants etc... It takes around 20/30min. (depending on the numbers of mantra recited of course).  
So I guess that a Lama could give you the lung in about 10min.
pael

Post by pael »

Aryjna wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:27 pm There are many methods of purification, some of which you must already have.
I was said it is for 3 years exceeders. When I recite confession prayer I don't remember all breakages and transgressions.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

pael wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm
Aryjna wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:27 pm There are many methods of purification, some of which you must already have.
I was said it is for 3 years exceeders. When I recite confession prayer I don't remember all breakages and transgressions.
Don't worry about that. The 3 year thing is a rule of thumb at any rate. We should be doing Vajrasattva everyday anyway and this would take care of theat. But just earnestly recite even if it's been 10,000 years.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

pael wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm
Since they purify karma from infinite lifetimes i don't think it makes much difference if you remember the breakages. You dont remember negative deeds from previous lifetimes anyway.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”