Looking for a retreat in Nepal

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
joehaz21

Looking for a retreat in Nepal

Post by joehaz21 »

Hi everyone I’m heading to Nepal in September 11th or the 13th plan to stay for one to two months depending on what I can find. I would like to do a retreat for a good portion of that time. I would prefer to practice in the Longchen Nyingtik linage but am not opposed to practicing with any other lineages. If you know of any good place in Nepal where I oils go on a one month retreat Ora bit longer please let me know thank you.
Fortyeightvows

Re: Looking for a retreat in Nepal

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Try doing a course at kopan
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Pharping
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Pharping would be my suggestion too.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Tilopa

Post by Tilopa »

This is good. There is a separate facility for people who want to do short retreats.

www.benchen.org/en/monastery-nepal/39.html

Also here:

http://shedrubfund.org/projects/asura-c ... at-center/
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

joehaz21, sadly i can't find the info, but there is a retreat place build under guidance of Chatral Rinpoche. From what i undertstand though it's not retreat courses place like Kopan but for those who already know what to do and just look for a place to stay and practice. There is a small monastery of Chatral Rinpoche near the Pharping if you don't already know you can ask there. Also, there is nice retreat place by Bhenchen Monastery (Kagyu) in Pharping itself, but when i was there it was fully booked, so perhaps it's better to book in advance.

-upd. i found the foto on that center

stay open, spread love
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

I have heard good things about this place:

http://www.druponrinpoche.org/
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Go to Pharping like others have said. Then go to Chatral Rinpoche's compound where His house and Kudung are. Ask for Seymo Saraswati Rinpoche and ask Her where you can do a Longchen Nyingthig retreat. As also stated above, this assumes you know how to do and have received the Longchen Nyingthig sadhana you want to do your retreat on.

Good luck & best wishes.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
joehaz21

Post by joehaz21 »

Thank you all I guess I will be going to Pharping in September. I will talk to my teacher about the recommendation all of you have suggested. Thank you all for your help I really want to further my practice and feel I need to go on a retreat to accomplish this.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”